View Single Post
Old 24th October 2015, 13:49   #17 (permalink)
oldfogy
Just passing through

Thanked 4,276 Times in 2,493 Posts
oldfogy has disabled reputation
Re: Clocks going back

Quote:
Originally Posted by villabaris1 View Post
Airline schedules are definitely affected and airlines are currently sending emails and text messages to people flying during the two affected weeks advising them of the changed flight details.

For example a flight that was due to leave Dalaman at 1400 this coming Monday to the UK will now leave at 1500. The reason being that when it leaves the UK at its normal scheduled time of 0700 it was scheduled to land in Turkey at 1300 local time and take off again at 1400. As RTE has decided that "local time" will now be 1400 when it lands (due to the 3hr time difference for the 2 week period) it will now take off at 1500 and passengers have to be notified accordingly.
Quote:
Only computers that will have download the date and time configuration update will know about it, other than that other computers will display a 'incorrect' time, until after the new date has passed. So the likes of 3 rate electric meters may well also be incorrect for those 2 weeks.
The reason I said what I said was simply that I can't see airline companies not bothering to alter their flight time schedule to suit the new times.

Whether and if they contact their customers, well that's a entirely different matter as the onus is always on the passenger to check for flight time/detail changes.

Nit picking again, it really does not become you.
oldfogy is offline send PM Reply With Quote