View Single Post
Old 4th April 2016, 10:24   #35 (permalink)
kemerkid
________

Thanked 9,879 Times in 4,737 Posts
kemerkid has disabled reputation
Re: Buying farm land / tarla under 10.000m2 with foreign passport

ME I can't fault your step by step guide to building a home of your own, you have mirrored exactly the process I followed almost ten years ago. However your comment regarding land prices per sq mt don't really dovetail with reality. If Thomas finds a plot that suits him and his needs and the asking price is 50TL per sq mt that is his own affair. That is, if he does his own research on the ground. What he told us or what I understood was that a relative of his wife had found him a 5000 mt sq plot of farm land (tarla) with what he believed to be planning permission for 75 mts sq plus 75 mts sq. These are likely shelters it is not permissible to build conventional residential property on tarla land in Dalyan or anywhere else in Turkey. Those are the regulations...... however more than 60% of housing here is illegal, being built on tarla or even land that does not belong to the house owner. (Ask some of the Brits in Altinkum how true that is)

Prices per mt sq are subject to supply and demand in Turkey the same as anywhere else in the world. Here on the Bodrum peninsular there is less than 5% of legal building land available and owners can ask for and get what they want. I myself have just sold another 350mt sq plot for 100000TL and the buyer was over the moon to get it.

Life’s journey leads to many crossroads.
Success and happiness is knowing which direction to take.
kemerkid is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kemerkid For This Useful Post:
MiddleEarth (5th April 2016), ThomasP (4th April 2016)