Thread: Mobile 'Phone
View Single Post
Old 7th April 2016, 10:12   #23 (permalink)
Maisie

Thanked 5,983 Times in 2,066 Posts
Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mobile 'Phone

Well, it is a long story. Her father is suffering from dementia and kept answering her mobile. So her aunt bought her a new one apparently with the same number she says, and she took the SIM card out of the one her father kept answering. She kept the new one separate. So her "father's" one (the old one) now would not work. It is her father's one she now wants to sell.

Since getting the new mobile, she has used this as one uses mobiles. We took the SIM card out of the old one to try the factory reset, but this will not work without the SIM card.

So, we are back to the original dilemma. If we put the SIM card back into the old one in order to select factory reset, she is being told that she will wipe the mobile's memory, the information stored on the SIM card and also that stored on her new mobile's SIM card, because the numbers are the same.

I still cannot see that if the new SIM card is in another switched off new mobile (or with the SIM removed) it can be affected by anything done in the old mobile.

I am not sure now, but I think the mobiles are on Vodaphone. Certainly the old mobile is, because it has the logo on the SIM card. My neighbour says that it is the guy in the Vodaphone shop who told her she would wipe both mobiles.

What a to do eh?

Maisie