View Single Post
Old 23rd November 2016, 09:17   #71 (permalink)
WIDDRINGTON

Thanked 3,067 Times in 1,074 Posts
WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Taking car into Turkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abzlad View Post
Well finally drove the car out of Turkey on 3 October 2016 after being in Turkey from 13th February 2016. The car visa (stamp) in my passport says it can stay until 2nd March 2017.

I asked when I crossed at Ipsala, can I bring the car back at the end of the December 2016, which I hope to do and the customs guy said after looking at his computer

"the car must leave Turkey by 19th March 2017"

Strange date. No mention of the 185 days out of Turkey before I can bring it back. So I will drive back in December 2016 and see what happens. Seems like the people in the know who I mentioned in previous posts were right.

Before the stamp for the car expires in your passport you can bring your car in and out of Turkey no problem.

Of course this can all change next week

Took the following from another site and it poses questions re info I received both within Turkey and the UK following an earlier post on this thread re the 185 day rule. My My situation solely revolves around my usual entry/exit pattern to Turkey ie 2 x 44 day stays within the 90/180 day visa. My questions follow the quoted text below.

"http://english.gtb.gov.tr/passanger/accompanied-vehicles

The following from the GOV. UK page..... .....
''Bringing your car as a visitor,..
1. If you are travelling through Turkey, en route to another country or just visiting, you need to get a visa/permit for your vehicle on entry and you must ensure that you have all the documentation for your car e.g. registration papers, full insurance and your driving licence.
A change in the law came in to effect on 13 October 2015 so you can now keep your car in Turkey for 2 years on your foreign plates.[ You will be heavily fined and even your car can be confiscated if you do not take your car out of Turkey at the end of 2 years]. In order to bring your car to Turkey for a second round of two years, both you and your car have to stay out of Turkey for at least 185 days''.
2. A letter of request is prepared in Turkish requesting 2 year stay for car and signed and dated at Customs.
3. Only the named owners on the V5 can drive the car...Turkish Citizens CANNOT DRIVE this car.

Questions

a. I was originally told that the 185 day rule mentioned in 1(above) applied to my situation entering on a 90/180 tourist visa -where I had no wish or intention to keep the car in Turkey for 2 years . My last entry date was early May 2016 and my last exit date was late June 2016- and all info received ( NOT FROM CUSTOMS) was that the 185 day rule would apply to me ie I couldn't return until early January 2017. However the 185 days mentioned above seems to be aligned to a situation where the car will remain in Turkey for 2 years!?. Yes/No?

I was also told( NOT BY CUSTOMS) that as I was a passenger in my wife's car then I too could not return to Turkey for 185 days - even if I was to return in my own car ie a car with no stamp or record of having entered Turkey before.

I have found it impossible to speak to anyone at Customs via telephone and although sceptical about the interpretations received to date I didn't take the chance of taking my usual trip to Turkey in October just gone - just in case I was turned back.

So - is it FACT that the 185 day rule applies to return trips within the one 90/180 day visa or is it specifically aligned to an intended 2 year stay? Or what lol? Would be interested in people's experiences on this issue.

Last edited by WIDDRINGTON; 23rd November 2016 at 17:02..
WIDDRINGTON is offline send PM Reply With Quote