View Single Post
Old 14th December 2016, 13:03   #4 (permalink)
trevoro

trevoro is a splendid one to behold trevoro is a splendid one to behold trevoro is a splendid one to behold trevoro is a splendid one to behold trevoro is a splendid one to behold trevoro is a splendid one to behold trevoro is a splendid one to behold
Re: Rail strike outrage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha Hoorsur View Post
You would think it was a global catastrophe if you believed the coverage on UK TV. This outrage even had precedence over the events in Syria. That insufferable [email protected] Piers Morgan was on brekky telly this morning calling for all train drivers and conductors to be sacked without notice. So how did this major disruption affect the rest of the UK? Well, not one little bit!
A bunch of Londoners had to take the bus, or have the day off. Who says there’s a South East bias in the media?
I think you will find this rails companies profit goes to Government so it is costing THE NATION in lost revenues ie taxes so yes it does affect all.
People have lost jobs because they cannot get to work
I understand other train companies work without conductors however Sothern are in dispute over this,The only trains I have seen out of Portsmouth are only 3 or 4 carriage.With the modern closing doors and locking system personally cannot see the problem,with driver only trains,No longer have bus conductors (iknow slightly different) but move with the times,
trevoro is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to trevoro For This Useful Post:
Kingfisher (14th December 2016)