View Single Post
Old 3rd January 2017, 15:11   #32 (permalink)
RedBloodedHound
PostPositive

Thanked 1,894 Times in 1,054 Posts
RedBloodedHound has disabled reputation
Re: Who's Spending Britain's Billions???

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintagel View Post
Line up, Line up - Get your Free Cash from Britain here! - Words Fail me!!!!

"More than 1billion of our foreign aid budget has been given away in cash over the past five years, it can be revealed today.

Despite warnings of fraud, officials have quietly quadrupled expenditure on cash and debit cards that recipients can spend at will."

Pakistani families queue for UK's 1bn foreign aid cashpoint | Daily Mail Online

"Pakistani newspapers reported in August that a nationwide probe was being launched ‘after growing number of complaints about fake accounts and alleged corruption’ from project staff. Seven employees have been suspended on corruption charges and 125,714 suspicious accounts have been suspended."

Newslinks for Tuesday 3rd January 2017 | Conservative Home

Meanwhile.... back in the good ole UK: Homelessness numbers continue to rise, ditto families in temporary accommodation soar.........P -3:

"Official statistics published in December 2011 marked the end of the long-term downward trend in the number of households in temporary accommodation; seasonally-adjusted figures had fallen in each successive quarter since peaking in 2004. The most recent quarterly statistics published in December 2016 recorded 74,630 households in temporary accommodation at the end of September 2016. This marks the twenty-first quarterly increase in the seasonally-adjusted number of households in temporary accommodation. Of these households, 53,370 (72%) were placed in temporary accommodation in London. The number of families with dependent children placed in B&B-style accommodation"

http://researchbriefings.files.parli...10/SN02110.pdf

Well done chaps, bloody good job, Tally-Ho!
I saw the DM headlines in the supermarket today and bought the paper; the first newspaper i've bought in maybe ten years. I'm still working my way through the article. Imagine if you will; one gobsmacked almost totally lost for words RBH.

Why? Who thought this was a good idea? There are people in this country that have paid in to the system and have to put up with this Twaddle. Twaddle could be replaced by another word. Loonies are running the asylum.

Campaign to bring back Elevenses.
RedBloodedHound is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RedBloodedHound For This Useful Post:
Akasya (3rd January 2017), pepperkat (3rd January 2017), Spurs (3rd January 2017), tintagel (4th January 2017), Yalides (3rd January 2017)