View Single Post
Old 5th January 2017, 21:23   #92 (permalink)
tintagel

Thanked 9,429 Times in 3,603 Posts
tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: NHS & Social Care in Crisis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juco View Post
After reading this thread I am maybe posting the obvious but for anyone that has not already done so get your finances sorted out while you have time and don't leave a mess for your children to sort out which robs them of their inheritance.

The two areas of importance are POA and a Will! You may reply and say yeah ok like we didn't know that but you will be surprised at the amount of people that have do nothing until it is too late.

If you get professional independent advice it will save you and your children a a lot of cash.
Good advice Juco.

Can I just add the importance of getting POA's for both Finance & Health. We thought having the financial POA would cover all bases - Wrong! At one time we had Mum's solicitor on stand-by to get a Protection Order for her as Social Services wanted to put Mum in a Nursing home against our wishes, keeping Mum at home was beginning to cost them too much!.

Truly, the stuff Nightmares are made of

Martin, so sorry to hear about you Dad, I'm sure I'm not the only one on TLF who has trodden that road & is willing to help in anyway they can, just ask.

You've mentioned the help you've received so far has been good, that's great but please keep an eye on the ball, not the player. I don't know if Scotland's services are any better than England's services have become, just be aware & look out for yourselves & your Dad.

Best wishes, T.