View Single Post
Old 11th January 2017, 08:45   #10 (permalink)
saoirse

Thanked 15,929 Times in 7,731 Posts
saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Martin McGuinness

Whilst I do not agree with his politics he undoubtedly went more than the extra mile in trying to reach out to erstwhile enemies, an approach which was inevitably rejected which somewhat echoed back to the situation in which MMG originally found himself feeling he had to take the original path he chose

Of course we have the usual keyboard warriors who know nothing of how or why MMG and others in his community chose the path he did suffice to say there's hardly a major political party on this island that does not have former connections to armed groups- indeed both parts of the island were born out of violence with the Northern statelet being inextricably linked to subjugation hatred and discrimination

I have previously wrongly expressed bile at the passing of bitter political enemies. It serves no purpose.

Despite my diametrically opposed political views on our political situation here with MMG I wish him a speedy recovery from his heart issues and certainly recognise the valiant attempt he made to cure our incurable divisions.

Go raibh maith agat as ag iarraidh
Tiocfaidh ar la

Henrik er min hjelte.

Last edited by saoirse; 11th January 2017 at 08:56..
saoirse is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to saoirse For This Useful Post:
Akasya (11th January 2017), SLEEPY (11th January 2017), Spurs (11th January 2017), tintagel (11th January 2017), WIDDRINGTON (11th January 2017)