View Single Post
Old 11th January 2017, 12:49   #10164 (permalink)
eliza

eliza is a splendid one to behold eliza is a splendid one to behold eliza is a splendid one to behold eliza is a splendid one to behold eliza is a splendid one to behold eliza is a splendid one to behold eliza is a splendid one to behold
Re: what did you have tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilsjw View Post
Fresh pasta is certainly a lot of fuss Steve and, like all cooking, you don't always get it right !! I'd stick to dried shop bought stuff. I will have to give the pasta making another go as my dear husband bought such an expensive one ! I saw one for sale in a charity shop a while back and that should have rung alarm bells ! Wish I'd bought that one, then I could have returned it for them to re-sell lol ! Back to last night - cooked another of those excellent Morrison's chicken crowns (under 3.00) cooked in a large dish with lots of roast vegetables for him, including roast beetroot, potatoes and onions covered in breadcrumbs mixed with parmasen cheese. I had celeriac and carrot mash with a good squeeze of lemon juice and oregano and some good old sprouts. All good.
How do you do the roast veg, mine are never very good - seem dry, maybe breadcrumb topping would help ... when do you put it on - at the end
Thanks!
eliza is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to eliza For This Useful Post:
Akasya (11th January 2017), hijo (11th January 2017), Hilsjw (12th January 2017), tintagel (Yesterday), yalimart (12th January 2017)