View Single Post
Old 11th January 2017, 13:53   #79 (permalink)
WIDDRINGTON

Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,084 Posts
WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Taking car into Turkey

[QUOTE=Abzlad;1093163.

Your partner can come back with another car though, within the 185 day period. That makes no difference apparently.[/QUOTE

Thanks again Abzlad. Just to clarify one more issue. The car is registered to my wife. When we last entered and exited the iUK insurance policy was in her name with myself named as an additional driver on the policy. The green card specifically named both of us as being covered to drive. HOWEVER this time, the same car is still registered to my wife but the insurance policy is in my name AND my wife now named as an additional driver on the policy( purely for pragmatic financial reasons). So to summarize;
1. The car last exited on 29/616.
2. My wife is the registered owner but since our last exit the car is now insured on my policy with her being named as an additional driver on the policy.
3. The important thing to note in all of this I think is that the green card certificate names both myself and my wife. As it is only the green card that customs and police seem to be interested in then I think we should be OK but it is a concern given the non expertise and variable understanding amongst border customs officials.
WIDDRINGTON is offline send PM Reply With Quote