View Single Post
Old 15th August 2017, 14:33   #1409 (permalink)
tintagel

Thanked 10,633 Times in 4,271 Posts
tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Golden Beach Complex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurs View Post
First mistake in my mind after the proverbial started hitting the fan was using a law firm based in London. I know people will jump down my throat but the perception that all lawyers in Turkey are bandits is just BS. I would've gone for a Turkish city lawyer from the off, starting with a company in Izmir. I think it required a company a bit closer to the problem than 2,000 miles away but there you go, only my opinion.

I wish you all luck but I have a feeling its a genies lamp thats required now.
Sadly I think you're right Spurs, it will take a miracle to fix this mess

From experience, most of these UK based Turkish lawyers charge UK prices, they then outsource the 'legwork' to Turkish Lawyers in Turkey, for Turkish prices..... The 'named' lawyer turns up in Turkey when the case is in court..... & get their name in the papers......

I'm not sure how they get away with 'charging clients up-front' in the UK? We wouldn't pay an English Solicitor up-front, even though they have far more legal powers than Turkish lawyers & are held legally accountable for their actions & failures, they also have to have appropriate insurance cover.

These thieves & vultures who prey (mainly) on foreigners are guilty of so much more than theft/fraud - They Destroy the Lives of their Victims & families with an inhuman cruelty.

It might be worth GB victims contacting the English Law Society to get their opinion/advice on the services they have received from these companies.