View Single Post
Old 15th August 2017, 18:12   #1410 (permalink)
Kanga

Thanked 5,585 Times in 2,428 Posts
Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Golden Beach Complex

I'm not sure how they get away with 'charging clients up-front' in the UK? We wouldn't pay an English Solicitor up-front, even though they have far more legal powers than Turkish lawyers & are held legally accountable for their actions & failures, they also have to have appropriate insurance cover.

Tintagel - I think that this is only appropriate where lawyers put together a 'class action' by a whole group of plaintiffs. Dont know if that's the aim here, but I have seen it done in UK, successfully, case in point was the action against the trustees of a failed investment fund where the investment managers had gone completely off piste and lost/wasted/mi-invested/gambled investors' money. We had to raise 25,000 to sort the court hearings and barristers, lawyers, etc.
(This was Arch Cru Investors - v- Capita Trustees in Feb 14. It was settled with a gagging clause to be signed by all before they could be compensated).
Kanga is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kanga For This Useful Post:
tintagel (15th August 2017)