View Single Post
Old 10th September 2017, 15:53   #1 (permalink)
Struggs
Recycled Teenager

Thanked 1,278 Times in 570 Posts
Struggs has much to be proud of Struggs has much to be proud of Struggs has much to be proud of Struggs has much to be proud of Struggs has much to be proud of Struggs has much to be proud of Struggs has much to be proud of Struggs has much to be proud of Struggs has much to be proud of Struggs has much to be proud of
Windows 10 again (sorry)

As some of you will remember when I had to get a new computer I struggled with windows 10, for several months now I have got on with it, hit a few problems but got them sorted. Never liked it but now, absolutely hate it. Being on capped usage I have to do updates after midnight (free usage), Fri. night just past midnight I had 2 updates, when all this was done the computer was switched off as usual.

Yesterday, got on computer, error codes showing, could not access mail, error saying not synched?? (google search brought up others that have experienced problems with updates), I attempted to get into update history to delete the latest, as soon as this opened it closed again, impossible to do. I always create restore points, so went to do this, got 'your computer has been updated, no restore points! (what is the ruddy point of having this, then).

I had no option than to reset my computer, needless to say I am distressed, as lost a lot of downloaded stuff, which I was unable to back up.

Sorry for the rant, but I now have a few problems, which I have searched on google, but not found a solution.

I downloaded shaplusbandwidth again, I find this the easiest to use, but despite being set up, it is not recording my usage. I uninstalled and reinstalled, checked settings, cannot get it to record usage. Please can anyone help.

I will not be using windows mail again, I like to keep some e'mails for a while like I did in outlook express, but find no matter what I try, they get deleted after 30 days and NOT by me. I understand that you cannot use outlook successfully with 10, so is there an alternative, similar to outlook that I can use?

I am now trying firefox again, that has changed but I do find it faster. Unfortunately I do have to used Edge for some things, microsoft has made it harder to change your home page from bing search, I have tried all the suggestions, and even though I have google as my default, it still opens up in bing, any help here would be appreciated.

Despite altering settings, checking start up, scanning computer etc. I have never managed to sort out the usage, without any browsers open usage is recording. I used 100-200mb daily with XP, with 10 my usage is over 300mb every day, and I have cut out some sites I used to visit as I only have 10gb per month, cannot afford to go on uncapped.

Any help or suggestion gratefully appreciated. Diane
Struggs is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook