View Single Post
Old 29th September 2017, 22:56   #27 (permalink)
Struggs
Recycled Teenager

Thanked 1,267 Times in 561 Posts
Struggs has much to be proud of Struggs has much to be proud of Struggs has much to be proud of Struggs has much to be proud of Struggs has much to be proud of Struggs has much to be proud of Struggs has much to be proud of Struggs has much to be proud of Struggs has much to be proud of Struggs has much to be proud of
Re: Windows 10 again (sorry)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bickern View Post
Edge is no more supportive of ads than any other mainstay browser, you just add an ad blocking extension to Edge? I use Ad Block Plus but there are a few such as uBlock Origin that a few on here recommend. You add extensions to Edge the same way you would add to Chrome etc., Settings menu > Extensions > Get extensions from the store.

What I think you are alluding to is Windows 10 itself showing adds, especially to try and convert you to use the edge browser. To turn that off, you need to go to Settings > System > Notifications & Actions and turn off the “tips, tricks, and suggestions”

Bit of a misnomer (on purpose), read “tips, tricks, and suggestions” as giving Microsoft permission to hit you with adverts for their products, so it's one of the first things I turn off.
Hi Bickern,

I have that turned off, I now have most things turned off, and got my usage right down to under 140mb per day, but since adguared expired, all the ads are pushing this up to near 400mb, I use the same sites daily.

uBlock is not available well not for me anyway, it is in the windows store but the download button is greyed out. The problem I have with adblock now (was using it before, but lost it when the flaming windows 10 updates screwed up my computer and I had to reset everything), is the fact that you now have to have or create a Microsoft account, when I did this, it set my welcome page to a different name and password, I DO NOT want this, I want it the way I set it up. Do you know if there is a way to stop this from happening?

I tried firefox again, but still got the problem that any search engine you try and use comes up 'insecure', searched the internet and there are threads about this. I do not want this hassle.

This is becoming a complete nightmare and stressing me out, I am still trying to get my computer, documents and files back to how they were before, the updates fiasco, and now too scared to apply anymore updates.

Last edited by Struggs; 29th September 2017 at 23:00.. Reason: missed out relevant info
Struggs is offline send PM Reply With Quote