View Single Post
Old 9th April 2018, 14:13   #28 (permalink)
oldfogy
Just passing through

Thanked 4,156 Times in 2,400 Posts
oldfogy has disabled reputation
Re: Maintenance Charges

Quote:
Originally Posted by the bueman View Post
Be careful making deals with developers.....ask for a copy of the Management Plan and read it and understand it.....what a developer agrees with you individually could be overturn by the majority of owners at an AGM/EGM.....I have seen Villa owners on my complex arranging a 5 year no fee and getting the shock of their life on the 6th year.

The Management Plan is a legally binding contract between the owners....it sets out what you own and what you are expected to pay for....the new Turkish Condominium Law means you pay according to landshare.....if you own a big plot and have a large pool for yourself or shared amongst a group of houses on a block then it could form part of the running costs and the reason why the fees are excessive compared to the average.....I pay just under 300TL per month for a 2 bed duplex....originally 200tl in 2007

We find the biggest overheads on our complex is the water for the 14 pools and a waterslide.....we have a constant battle with pool leaks and burst pipes due to winter rain and soil erosion/ground movement breaking pipes.

We put water meters at every point imaginable to stem and detect the leaks...incompetents and skulduggery by previous management companies have left us with huge debt.....we are currently sitting with a 276,000-00 TL water debt for 660 properties and 1/2 of those are never used.

Hope this gives you some insight.
I tried to get a copy of the management plan from the TAPU office but was told I have to submit the request in Writing in Turkish.
oldfogy is offline send PM Reply With Quote