View Single Post
Old 9th February 2019, 20:43   #1 (permalink)
bickern

Thanked 14,062 Times in 5,367 Posts
bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute
Prince Philip gives up his driving

Prince Philip gives up his driving licence aged 97 after horror crash.

The Duke of Edinburgh has voluntarily decided to surrender his licence after "careful consideration," Buckingham Palace said today.

Prince Philip has decided “after careful consideration” to voluntarily surrender his driving licence after his horror car crash, Buckingham Palace confirmed this evening.

The 97-year-old miraculously walked away unharmed after his car overturned following a collision with another vehicle on the A149 at Babingley, Norfolk, last month.

Prince Philip was trapped inside and reportedly told rescuers: “My legs! Where should I put my legs?”

Eyewitnesses described the 97-year-old as shocked and shaken after the crash, and dramatic pictures emerged showing debris strewn at the scene.

A Palace spokesperson has now said: “After careful consideration The Duke of Edinburgh has taken the decision to voluntarily surrender his driving licence.”

The palace said the Prince's decision to hand over his driving licence was entirely his own and he will be driven from now on. The Duke's licence was given up today.

He has apologised for his part in the accident on the Sandringham estate when his Land Rover Freelander collided with another car, leaving two women needing hospital treatment.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...iving-13976693

--------------------------------------------------
I think it was the right decision.

A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life.
Muhammad Ali
bickern is online now send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bickern For This Useful Post:
angelaturkey (9th February 2019), ted j (9th February 2019)