View Single Post
Old 24th November 2019, 11:14   #20 (permalink)
35pluschips

Thanked 6,880 Times in 4,185 Posts
35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Round trip to Turkey by Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfogy View Post
Am hoping and looking forward to also doing a round trip from Didim to the UK and back, maybe about March 2020 depending on the weather and will be taking my Turkish registered car, so need to know what documents apart from Passport, car log book and m.o.t (TUV) will I need and is it possible to board ferries without pre-booking?
Any documents you have for your car in Turkey along with your insurance upgrade ie green card needs to be with you. We’ve never pre booked ferries or hotels BUT unless you want to spend a day waiting for a ferry, it pays to know the ferry times. If you have a Satnav route/times can be coordinated to ferry times.
Remember this OF, all your documentation is in Turkish, once out of Turkey nobody can understand stand them anyway lol
Turkey, Greece, Italy, Switzerland, France, UK is the way we have always gone.
Akasya (24th November 2019), oldfogy (24th November 2019)