View Single Post
Old 15th March 2008, 15:15   #1 (permalink)
Leo

Thanked 1,042 Times in 362 Posts
Leo has much to be proud of Leo has much to be proud of Leo has much to be proud of Leo has much to be proud of Leo has much to be proud of Leo has much to be proud of Leo has much to be proud of Leo has much to be proud of Leo has much to be proud of
Advice about Mobile phone

Hi all,

The family & I are going out to Side week after next. As we are going to do furniture shopping for our new apartment, and as we will be spending quite some time there at different times through the year I thought it would be really handy to have a mobile phone - especially as calls on my UK phone are very expensive.

Anybody got any good experiences and advice. Seems to me that there are a couple of options:-

1. We could purchase a new Turkish pay-as-you-go phone
2. We could purchase a new Turkish pay-as-you-go SIM card and put it in my UK phone (if it will work).

What I could do with is information about costs, coverage and how/where to buy:-

Do they have pay-as-you-go in Turkey
What are the advantages of the different networks.
Will a Turkish SIM work in a UK phone, if not is it cheap to buy a Turkish pay-as-you-go phone and SIM combination.
What is the cost of a top-up.
Where can I purchase phone &/or SIM. Where can I top-up.

I know I have asked a few questions recently, and we are all really grateful for your collective support and advice.

Finally, if there are any of you about between Sat 29th March and Fri 4th April ad you fancy a drink, nosh & chat then let me know and lets try to catch-up.

Cheers all

Leo & Sharon
Leo is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook