View Single Post
Old 10th May 2008, 14:27   #7 (permalink)
dalid69
Non Active Member

dalid69 is on a distinguished road
Re: Manchester to Dalaman 2 1/2 days drive !!

Thanks for all the comments and requests.

Our car is a 1999 Renault Megane Scenic 16valve petrol

We started off from north manchester 4.00pm monday the 5th of may,we drove down to Dover for a late crossing booked for 22.00hrs this was the cheapest for 2 adults and a car (23) Dover to Dunkirque

Some time was wasted waiting for the ferry loading and the 2 hrs crossing which is a bit longer than the Calais crossing,once we landed at the other side we headed for Belgium and into the Netherlands most of the roads were very quiet and well sign posted,next was into Germany and past the Hockenheim Race track and on into Austria.

Our main problem was reaching the Serbian border,make sure you have a green card for this section or else its 125 euros to pay to enter,the tolls through this country were 5 euro,5 euro and then a 15 euro,3 in total,next we entered Hungary,no border checks and really good roads,very easy into Budapest but was lost in it for about an hour,the film Grounhog day came to mind once or twice,next was Bulgaria,very simple friendly and helpfull,5 euros for a day pass to drive their roads and on to the turkish border.

Total mileage was 2,650 miles down to Dalaman,i will put fuel costs on once i can check my card statement as some countries wanted local currency so best using card.

The Renaults onboard computer was reading over 36mpg most of the time and we had the back stacked up to the roof so was quite heavy.

When we arrived at the border it was being refurbished so plenty of building work but again very helpfull,passport check,visa for friend then turkish 3rd party insurance for the car(45 YTL for 3 months)qucik signature from the main man and of we went.

Arrived Dalaman 5am thursday the 8th May

Last edited by dalid69; 10th May 2008 at 14:31..
dalid69 is offline send PM Reply With Quote