Thread: Poverty Line
View Single Post
Old 27th October 2009, 12:52   #5 (permalink)
pldouglas

Thanked 1,179 Times in 424 Posts
pldouglas has a brilliant future pldouglas has a brilliant future pldouglas has a brilliant future pldouglas has a brilliant future pldouglas has a brilliant future pldouglas has a brilliant future pldouglas has a brilliant future pldouglas has a brilliant future pldouglas has a brilliant future pldouglas has a brilliant future pldouglas has a brilliant future
Re: Poverty Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by westonalan View Post
Unfortunately, the financial system that the whole world relies upon, will always mean that there will be people living below the so called poverty line. Even here in the UK, more people are falling into poverty!!!
The income gap between rich and poor gets wider every year and NO Government will ever do anything about it.

I believe that this unfair system that allows the rich to get richer and the poor to get poorer is the main reason why there is so much unrest throughout the world.
I feel sorry for the future generations because unfortunately it will only get worse!
Cheer up mate, things have got better you know! 100 years ago you would have ended up in the workhouse if you had no work - now you get the advantages of the wonderous Benefit System!
100 years ago you would have been in a Debtors Jail if you didn't pay your Barclaycard - now they just offer you another card to pay off the first.
100 years ago you could have been living on beans and bread - now we have MacDonalds to keep you fit an healthy.
100 years ago you and yours would simply be put on the street for non-payment of rent, kids and all, now we have rent allowances.
100 years ago you could easily have died through lack of simple medicine which today we take for granted.
I could go on, but its a fabulous day here and I want to get in the garden - complete with my light-weight plastic barrow which I also wouldn't have had 100 years ago.
pldouglas is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pldouglas For This Useful Post:
cazandkeith (29th October 2009), hachris (27th October 2009), panther (27th October 2009), sandpearse (28th October 2009)