Thread: Ttnet 5*
View Single Post
Old 27th November 2009, 09:15   #7 (permalink)
yalimart
The Carnwath Massive

Thanked 23,687 Times in 10,470 Posts
yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ttnet 5*

Quote:
Originally Posted by immac View Post
Mangrego, unfortunately this is par for the course. When I had 1mb unlimited I was lucky to get 0.7mb. Now, on 2mb unlimited I am lucky to get 1.7, but normally it is 1.4mb.
The Problem I have is that where the phone line comes into the apartment block it is a real rat`s nest of wires - wires more suited to door bells than ADSL lines. Short of re-wiring the whole block I may just have to live with it. When I complained to TTNet about line speed, their engineer pointed at the external junction box and shrugged - difficult to argue against.

Ian
wouldnt worry too much about the rats nest of cables in the block, the distance from the exchange is more important, the type of equipment within the exchange and number of users going through that equipment will contribute to slower speeds.

martin

3 Trophies in 10 days
yalimart is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to yalimart For This Useful Post:
immac (27th November 2009)