View Single Post
Old 7th January 2010, 17:18   #9 (permalink)
Smiler

Smiler has much to be proud of Smiler has much to be proud of Smiler has much to be proud of Smiler has much to be proud of Smiler has much to be proud of Smiler has much to be proud of Smiler has much to be proud of Smiler has much to be proud of Smiler has much to be proud of
Re: Markets near Dalaman

The market is open on Thursday's all year round although it is predominately orientated toward everyday items such as fruit & Veg and clothes.

The best places to buy the glass lamp shades is either Dalyan or Gocek but as these items are more orientated towards tourists, there may not be that many shops open selling these items until April.

Having said that there a number of electrical shops selling various light fittings and shades.

In my opinion , you won't need quilts if you're staying during the summer months, mid/late April - Mid Oct, sheets/throw-overs being sufficient, (summer months we generally sleep on top of these). I'm out in March/April and will definately be using my quilt then.

We purchsed quilts from the market, (Gocek and Dalaman) but bought over our own fitted sheets and quilt covers, (Turkish tastes can be "colourful").