View Single Post
Old 26th March 2010, 08:30   #10 (permalink)
shirleyanntr
R.I.P

Thanked 21,098 Times in 7,183 Posts
shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute
Re: help learning turkish

over the years a few members have started off doing threads for the Turkish language ...i used to do a word a day and had little support.....just from a few core members which really kept me going...if it hadnt been for Nadine and some members who supported my threads i wouldnt have continued...many times she was the only one to make a comment or ask a question......although the threads i did were viewed several hundred times.
it was then suggested that the threads were too difficult..so i started the Turkish primer..for very simple Turkish..again these threads have been viewed hundreds of times..yet the comments were always from the same dozen or so members...
it was the comments that helped me to keep doing it..and also any questions....now the forum has a thanks button...but this is not the same as writing something or asking about something thats not clear

Nadine/Sparrow also tried doing a 'word' and again i noticed the support wasn't what it should have been for her efforts ....and again it was the same few members that made a valid or encouraging comment..and i know that a comment is much better to have than just pressing the thanks button.
Learning a language...especially Turkish isnt easy..it takes time..and continued enthusiasm..and learning from mistakes..and also not being afraid to ask what isnt clear.
İ know learning to say a phrase is a start off..but you need to see things written and also to understand how the words are made up..which means learning some grammar as well as bare words or phrases.
İ would love to help as i enjoy the mental exercise it gives me(which i need) but if i
start off doing some basic stuff again then i would want some feed back about the things you didnt understand which i would gladly explain..and although a list of names who press the thanks button looks good...more important to me would be to know how you understand whats not clear and how you are doing.
Guz1 (26th March 2010), lara (26th March 2010), may (26th March 2010), Sailor (26th March 2010), steve smith (26th March 2010)