View Single Post
Old 4th April 2010, 15:12   #12 (permalink)
Mushroom

Thanked 1,177 Times in 406 Posts
Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Saoirse - The good, the bad or the ugly

I have had a very enjoyable and personal 'break' from TLF, but have still logged on from time to time to see if there were any articles of interest.
I knew nothing about the banning of Phillip until this afternoon and whether you like or dislike a member is your choice but as to the contribution, it has to be down to the Mods at the end of the day to decide if it is acceptable within the parameters they govern.
Personally, I thought of some of the debates I have had in the past and at times they got a bit close to the mark, but continued and no-one was banned and perhaps for that reason, it might suggest that times have changed a bit and yes, a clique most probably does exist, just like everywhere else in life where many people mix. But, if I could put forward a simple solution - based on the gravity of the 'offence' it might be more suitable and keep things transparent for the Mods to work on a scale of punishments i.e a suspension for a week, then possibly increasing if the member continues and eventually if the warnings have not been heeded - the ban. This way, as seems to have been displayed with everything I have just read, it will be evident to all that the Mods have tolerated so much, dispensed their 'fines' in a controlled manner and importantly should a member be eventually banned he/she cannot turn around and say that they didn't know it was coming.
Other than that, If you don't want to have a debate it isn't compulsory and it is a bit like the on/off button on your TV - your choice.
Best wishes.
Gamuret (4th April 2010), kaykay (4th April 2010), Marc (4th April 2010), pineapple1 (4th April 2010)