Thread: Baroness Warsi.
View Single Post
Old 20th January 2011, 15:26   #7 (permalink)
Mushroom

Thanked 1,183 Times in 408 Posts
Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Baroness Warsi.

She was a candidate for the Dewsbury MP's post but failed by about 5000 votes in a predominantly muslim area and was subsequently made a working peer.
Her background was from poor parents who made good and adopted conservative principles (if there are any left!)
She is a lawyer by Profession and training, but has so far only proved that she is where she is as a 'token' tory and as a thankyou for earlier support.
I don't think anyone in Dewsbury can actually remember her doing anything of note before she was given the peerage.
I don't think she will be seen as a typical Muslim woman and I can't personally see as she will improve the lives of anyone.
Akasya (20th January 2011), parrot (20th January 2011), tykatem (20th January 2011)