View Single Post
Old 20th November 2011, 13:37   #1 (permalink)
peter the postie
Wer'e not really here

Thanked 2,459 Times in 1,006 Posts
peter the postie has a reputation beyond repute peter the postie has a reputation beyond repute peter the postie has a reputation beyond repute peter the postie has a reputation beyond repute peter the postie has a reputation beyond repute peter the postie has a reputation beyond repute peter the postie has a reputation beyond repute peter the postie has a reputation beyond repute peter the postie has a reputation beyond repute peter the postie has a reputation beyond repute peter the postie has a reputation beyond repute
Parakeets in Manchester.

I was sat in my South Manchester garden at 07.20 yesterday morning, and got a very pleasant surprise. I heard a bit of a racket overhead, and looked up to see around 12 Ringneck Parakeets flying over!!!

I had heard that there was a small colony in a park in nearby Chorlton, but I googled it after seeing this bunch and found out that they are a lot more widespread than I had thought.

Sorry I didn't get any pics, but now I'm on a mission to attract them to my feeders so who knows, maybe in months ahead I'll manage to.

BBC - Manchester - Nature - The pretty boys of Manchester
kale (20th November 2011)