View Single Post
Old 27th January 2013, 08:03   #4 (permalink)
Justin66
Non Active Member

Justin66 is a name known to all Justin66 is a name known to all Justin66 is a name known to all Justin66 is a name known to all Justin66 is a name known to all Justin66 is a name known to all
Re: Did anyone get a surveyors report when buying in turkey?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yalimart View Post
Justin

Once again you have it wrong, the majority of Surveyors reports you allude to are actually "mortgage valuation reports" and not structural survey reports, I got that from a professional "mate" in the industry, note a mate down the pub.

But I would agree it makes sense to have a structural and energy report

Martin

no yalimart I have not got it wrong. my mate who happens to like a drink in the pub is an estate agent and has been in the buisness for over 20 years. thats why he was so gobsmacked when I told him they dont bother with surveys in turkey!!
you are wrong that the majority of surveyors reports are mortgage valuation reports, SOME are, but thats the basic reports that the BANKS INSIST on if they are lending money to a borrower and even those ones are carried out by a chartered surveyor who checks for things like possible subsidance, cracks, roof, damp etc etc. but the banks advise buyers to have a FULL survey done which is much better as it shows up any other faults that the basic one does not. thats not to say that the basic one is no good, of course its good or the bank wudnt risk there money on the property! but a full report is better for the buyer.
most folk who are buying a property in blighty will always have a full one done, specially if the property is an oldish one cos they dont want any nasty surprises.
nobody, not abank either wud DREAM of buying a property in blighty without haveing a survey done.

YES Val I know turkey is not the UK.
thats why I am asking why they dont bother with surveys in turkey.

Last edited by Justin66; 27th January 2013 at 08:06..
Justin66 is offline send PM Reply With Quote