View Single Post
Old 9th October 2013, 06:31   #4 (permalink)
teosgirl

Thanked 12,355 Times in 4,234 Posts
teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Entry into Turkey (2)

Is your husband worried about showing his kimlik because he didn't do his army service? The reason I'm asking is because the answer would be different.
I heard about someone who was in a similar situation and tried to use his British passport on arrival (without the Turkish kimlik), but somehow the authorities knew he had Turkish citizenship and arrested him at the airport. I have no idea how credible this story is (it originated from a fairly credible source), but if this is your concern I would check the possibility of him being detained with the appropriate authorities.

If this isn't the case then yes, your husband can enter with his British passport and pay the visit visa fee, no problem. They don't force you to show your kimlik (I have duel citizenship) and there are no problems holding duel nationality for Turkish/English.

Charlotte
teosgirl is offline send PM Reply With Quote