View Single Post
Old 19th May 2014, 18:18   #9 (permalink)
shirleyanntr
R.I.P

Thanked 21,098 Times in 7,183 Posts
shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute
Re: moving to turkey

Hi Dave..welcome to the forum i would echo Martin and Bal Canavars advice..rent before you commit yourself get a good look around try the place in different seasons..it can be really cold in the winter
there are quite a few members here who have made the Fethiye area their home and it is a nice place not much in the way of a beach apart rom calış and Ölü Deniz

Theres been a mention above about residency Permit and if you are serious about spending longer than the e-visa (ie 90 days in a 180) then for a first RP you now have to apply in your own country and you can have a permit for a year

i live in the Alanya area which suits me it doesn't shut down in the winter as do many of the resorts along the Aegean it has a mix of nationalities and if you like beach life there are miles of them here
i wish you well and hope you find what you are looking for..but take your time.