View Single Post
Old 22nd June 2014, 08:37   #7 (permalink)
cside

cside is a splendid one to behold cside is a splendid one to behold cside is a splendid one to behold cside is a splendid one to behold cside is a splendid one to behold cside is a splendid one to behold cside is a splendid one to behold
Re: Tips re Dalyan and Fethiye

If you are in Dalyan on Monday, catch one of the boat trips to Koycegiz market. You have a lovely boat trip, an opportunity to wander round the market and have a leisurely lunch on the lakeside.
The row boats across the river and a walk to Kaunos is a great way to spend a few hours. If you have a car, a drive up Radar Hill another good trip, you could tie this in with a drive to turtle hospital end of the beach. A river boat to the other end of the beach is also worth considering.
Only having 4 or 5 days means you will not have time to see everything, especially if you want to include trips to Sakilent Gorge etc. during your stay.
There are many great restaurants in Dalyan, my favourites include Saki, close to where to row boats go across to Kaunos, Ceyhan on the river are two I always go to when I visit. I also always go to Cafe Symrna, Dalyan Iz, Gerder's Cafe, all do wonderful snacks and cakes etc, Hulya's homemade traditional turkish cakes at Symrna are the best I think. Louise at Dalyan Iz's shortbread is also worthy of a mention.
I hope you enjoy your stay in Dalyan.
cside is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cside For This Useful Post:
sybil plessey (22nd June 2014)