View Single Post
Old 30th July 2014, 10:11   #5 (permalink)
Jaycey
African refugee

Thanked 17,593 Times in 8,872 Posts
Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Russian Sanctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by immac View Post
Watching the rush to judgement, without bothering with evidence or trial, I am of the view that we are being fed a line to take our eyes away from the real story. Perhaps it is to divert us from the Israel mess; perhaps to justify some difficult legislation around terrorism; or perhaps the real evidence needs to be hushed up about the plane being shot down.

Anyway, I am waiting for the real story, not the one being pushed in my face.

Ian
................ ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by immac View Post
Perhaps fracking is the story? Certainly if Putin triggers an EU energy crisis, all the arguments against British fracking evaporate. USA is looking for EU markets for its spare energy, we are told.

Arms manufacturers will be delighted with the prospect of a new arms race.

No talk yet about USA being held accountable for supporting the murderous Israeli forces in the way they want to hold Putin to account for supporting his local difficulty. Just listened to the British Foreign Secretay who could not bring himself to say that what Israel is doing is disproportionate

Ian
Looks like you’ve taken your own thread off topic to satisfy your political agenda

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosmur View Post
Do sanctions really achieve anything? Anything Russia needs I guess they can buy elsewhere.

As you said immac it is probably all a smoke screen to divert from the real issues.
I agree that sanctions probably won’t achieve much. Sanctions take time to bite – and time isn’t something that Ukraine has.

But to suggest that Ukraine isn’t a ‘real issue’ is absurd – this is a European war FGS! Sure Israel, Syria etc are important but the outcome won’t impact on Europe to anything like the same extent.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jaycey For This Useful Post:
Bill & June (30th July 2014), tamus (15th August 2014), TNT123 (30th July 2014)