View Single Post
Old 30th July 2014, 11:34   #10 (permalink)
Spurs
Spurs

Thanked 28,440 Times in 11,736 Posts
Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Russian Sanctions

I think sanctions are just a waste of time & come over as a "gentleman's agreement" but between Nations. Even if they do hurt a country, they seems to take forever & by that time the sanctioned country has adapted. If there was any seriousness in these sanctions they would freeze everything immediately & not consider on going contracts or deals to be immune.
In Russia's case the West had a choice, sanctions or force, there is just no way force was on the table.
The West has bit off more than it can chew this time, I have no idea what their goal was but the Ukrainian people were not considered as part of it.

Interesting that Putin's popularity has gone sky high in Russia & unless someone has a brainstorm, Putin is on a winner. The EU (as usual) have come out with no credence at all, the Dutch population alone must be looking at the EUs performance with contempt. The "one big happy family" failed to come together at the start & when they did it was not en-bloc but as individuals. Much like the reading of a family Will.

Time will tell but whilst waiting for the hour glass, winter is on its way along with "what no gas"? Now to me that's a sanction.

NO STRANGER TO DANGER
Spurs is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spurs For This Useful Post:
immac (30th July 2014), Jaycey (30th July 2014), tintagel (30th July 2014), TNT123 (30th July 2014)