View Single Post
Old 5th August 2014, 14:37   #1 (permalink)
saltandpepper

saltandpepper is on a distinguished road
Ca half Turkish kids leave Turkey without absent parent's permission?

Hello

Bit of background info, hope people can advice.

I have 3 half Turkish children, only one of the kid's has Duel nationality, ages 8, 7 and 2.

Two of the kids have Turkish first names, but the child with Duel nationality has a British first name. I changed her name to a British name on her Birth Certificate, Section 18 within 12 months of her birth. She was given Duel BEFORE the name change, therefore her Kimlik is in her previous Turkish first name.

All kids have British Passports and the Duel child's passport shows her British first name.

Their surnames although Turkish are the same as the average British surname, so people think they all have a British surname (which is lucky).

Turkish dad lives in UK and has nothing to do with them.

So now to the question, I would like to take the children to Turkey next year for a holiday, but if their dad finds out they are in Turkey he has threatened to prevent them from leaving to return back to UK. I have spoken to the Passport Police at DLM airport and they have said that if I enter Turkey with the children as a single parent, then I will be allowed to leave with them. I am unsure of this.

I have taken advice from Turkish lawyers, but each person seems to have a different take on this. The British Embassy website states 'If you are leaving Turkey with a child who is a dual British-Turkish national, you may be asked to show the Turkish immigration authorities evidence that the Turkish parent has given permission for the child to travel'. As my Duel child now has a new passport with a British name, not sure they could link her as being Duel - however, all my kids look Turkish :-)

Any advice, suggestions or info would be gratefully received.
saltandpepper is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook