Thread: First Post
View Single Post
Old 9th August 2014, 21:31   #2 (permalink)
rosehillgirl1

Thanked 1,039 Times in 317 Posts
rosehillgirl1 has much to be proud of rosehillgirl1 has much to be proud of rosehillgirl1 has much to be proud of rosehillgirl1 has much to be proud of rosehillgirl1 has much to be proud of rosehillgirl1 has much to be proud of rosehillgirl1 has much to be proud of rosehillgirl1 has much to be proud of rosehillgirl1 has much to be proud of
Re: First Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinsley View Post
Hello, my first posting so be kind! Marooned in TRNC by property purchase since 1999 but have given up on Government corruption, nepotism, xenophobia etc; and I'm looking to relocate to Turkey. With the current regime is it any better? Thoughts please!
Richard
Hi,

Please don't think it's better on the mainland-many people are leaving Turkey for the TRNC as life is much easier there.

We lived full time in the TRNC for two years-then on the mainland part time for eight/nine years-now back in the TRNC for eighteen months.

I know that the grass always seems greener on the other side-but seriously it isn't. Just look into the difficulties of obtaining a residence permit-compulsory health insurance etc etc.

What is even more worrying is the rising tide of Islamification.

And if you drink Efes-forget it!!!

Give me the TRNC-not perfect at all but life is so much easier there!!!

Last edited by rosehillgirl1; 9th August 2014 at 21:32.. Reason: Typo
rosehillgirl1 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rosehillgirl1 For This Useful Post:
LauraB (10th August 2014), stepwolf (10th August 2014), suecheshireuk (10th August 2014), tintagel (9th August 2014)