Thread: First Post
View Single Post
Old 10th August 2014, 09:56   #4 (permalink)
traveller

traveller is a splendid one to behold traveller is a splendid one to behold traveller is a splendid one to behold traveller is a splendid one to behold traveller is a splendid one to behold traveller is a splendid one to behold traveller is a splendid one to behold
Re: First Post

Hi Brinsley and welcome to the forum. If you have a property in TRNC my advice would be to stay there, and no I'm not being awful. Living in Turkey is certainly no easier and probably about to become even less so.

Read Rosehillgirl & Suecheshires posts. They, like us, have first hand experience of living here. Constant rule changes, getting ripped off etc is very common in Turkey.

Yes it's beautiful, especially Fethiye (in my opinion) but we have lost the option to do visa runs, still available in TRNC. So to live here you have to do residency, now only available for one year at a time, probably so they can change all the rules every year LOL.

You need to do a lot more research on Turkey, both economically and politically before making your decision. Best of luck whatever you decide.
traveller is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to traveller For This Useful Post:
suecheshireuk (10th August 2014), tintagel (10th August 2014)