View Single Post
Old 22nd September 2014, 16:12   #2 (permalink)
teosgirl

Thanked 12,355 Times in 4,234 Posts
teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sending gifts to Turkey from UK...

I have heard of people receiving gifts through the post unscathed, but my personal experience was a bit of a nightmare.

The post office made us pick the package up from central Izmir sorting office, I live slightly outside Izmir. This was a hassle because we had to locate the office and make the journey in to town, simply to collect the package that we thought would be delivered. Once we claimed the package (which was in my daughters name, and we both had to prove ID as parents to claim it) we found the box severely damaged, and some of the goods inside broken (though the champagne made it intact, the whiskey didn't) the box was also packed with chocolate and cookies. Nothing was missing, and we didn't pay any extra in tax, but an awful lot was damaged and it seemed obvious that someone had gone through the box.
I personally wouldn't buy/pack and send any breakable gifts, but perhaps you could order gifts through an online shop, and then the responsibility is possibly theirs.

Charlotte
teosgirl is offline send PM Reply With Quote