View Single Post
Old 17th February 2015, 10:50   #6 (permalink)
Akbuk Rob

Thanked 1,804 Times in 808 Posts
Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future
Re: Linux Mint XFCE Install & Setup

Main Settings
I won't attempt to go through all of these there are just too many but I will refer to some as we proceed. You can get to the main settings via an icon link at the bottom or top of the Whisker Menu (depending how you have previously chosen the layout) or by the link you placed in one of your panels (if you chose to add such a link).

Go to the Settings and have a look around, you can change sooo much in here. window layouts and colours.
Themes.
Text sizes.
Icon themes.
Notification displays.
Preferred default applications.
Mouse, Keyboard and Touchpad settings.
Display.
Screen Savers and Power Management.
And much more.

Windows users might equate this area to their Control Panel.

There are a few other items whose settings are accessed via the Whisker Menu. I think that was a bit of laziness on the developers part and they should have been included in this area. Oh well, maybe in the next release.