FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates

Go Back   Turkish Living Forums > All About Turkey > Akbuk Forum

Post New Thread  Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th May 2007, 17:45   #1 (permalink)
lou

lou is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Live Music at The castle Friday

I have heard on the grape vine that the Castle Diner is having some live music on friday evening.
Our family went there to see how it was and was very happy with the lovely food and friendly welcome we got. I actually thought the prices were excellent. Only 2.5 ytl for a beer and my glass of house wine was outstanding value and in a proper red wine glass too!!
We also strolled along to the new Jokers, what a joke it was too!! No kitchen no atmosphere and plain food and the portions were to be desired.
They need to get a grip, no wonder they need to rent a crowd from Altinkum!!! Sorry my family were less than impressed.
My plan for the last night here is a revisit to The Castle, the fish was fab.
Cant wait to come again in the summer.
lou is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 9th May 2007, 18:47   #2 (permalink)
yes I am a girl lol

chesney has a spectacular aura about chesney has a spectacular aura about
Re: Live Music at The castle Friday

OOOO Lou so nice of you to introduce yourself before you start slagging people off!!!
Old 9th May 2007, 19:57   #3 (permalink)
Wer'e not really here

Thanked 2,459 Times in 1,006 Posts
peter the postie has a reputation beyond repute peter the postie has a reputation beyond repute peter the postie has a reputation beyond repute peter the postie has a reputation beyond repute peter the postie has a reputation beyond repute peter the postie has a reputation beyond repute peter the postie has a reputation beyond repute peter the postie has a reputation beyond repute peter the postie has a reputation beyond repute peter the postie has a reputation beyond repute peter the postie has a reputation beyond repute

What an odd thread this is
Old 9th May 2007, 20:16   #4 (permalink)

blondie is on a distinguished road

Lou, when you say the 'fish was fab' was that the meal you had when your outstanding value house wine was served in a proper red wine glass or is it what you intend having when you revisit the Castle on your last night ...As 1 of the 'rent a crowd' from Altinkum that had free transport to Jokers I definately saw a kitchen, there was plenty of atmosphere and the food was far from plain..but then I dont drink outstanding value house wine served in a proper red wine glass...
blondie is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2007, 20:32   #5 (permalink)

maxine366 will become famous soon enough

Every one should be able to have an opionion. Ihave had some very nice meals at the Castle and will be visiting Jokers when we are over in July.
When Dave was at Jokers we always enjoyed our meals and drinks then.
I know Akbuk is small, but surley there is room for 2 bars/ resatrants with out this bickering. and i for one would like to use both places with out feeling that we are upsetting others

It must be ok at the castle as we met with one of Daves partners when we were over in April,
Hope to see you all soon.
maxine366 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2007, 08:29   #6 (permalink)
lou

lou is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Live Music at The castle Friday

Oh dear, me thinks that you have all lost the plot here. I became a member of this forum expecting that we are allallowed our own opinions, like Maxine says. As far as i knew that was the whole point of a forum???
Surely i am allowed to have my own opinion, everyne else does.
So, heres my second and final thought as i also do not want to be accused of so called bickering, i have had a lovely holiday in Altinkum, i am coming again in July but i shall not be returning to Akbuk if this is what its like, a crowd of old women gossiping to each other. If nobody can see the woods from the trees then surely they all need to get out of business or get a life!!
Gossip is one thing but peopple should be allowed to say how they feel without reprisal. I feel hurt that others have expressed opinions about all sorts of eaterys/bars etc good and bad but maybe unexpectedly i have hit a raw nerve somewhere with my thoughts.
People please please stop gossiping and have a good time. Akbuk itself is such a lovely haven why spoil it with sillyness, enjoy life its too short for childish schoolground behavour. Goodbye and good luck
lou is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2007, 09:10   #7 (permalink)

Thanked 1,878 Times in 771 Posts
maggie has a reputation beyond repute maggie has a reputation beyond repute maggie has a reputation beyond repute maggie has a reputation beyond repute maggie has a reputation beyond repute maggie has a reputation beyond repute maggie has a reputation beyond repute maggie has a reputation beyond repute maggie has a reputation beyond repute maggie has a reputation beyond repute maggie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou
Oh dear, me thinks that you have all lost the plot here. I became a member of this forum expecting that we are allallowed our own opinions, like Maxine says. As far as i knew that was the whole point of a forum???
Surely i am allowed to have my own opinion, everyne else does.
So, heres my second and final thought as i also do not want to be accused of so called bickering, i have had a lovely holiday in Altinkum, i am coming again in July but i shall not be returning to Akbuk if this is what its like, a crowd of old women gossiping to each other. If nobody can see the woods from the trees then surely they all need to get out of business or get a life!!
Gossip is one thing but peopple should be allowed to say how they feel without reprisal. I feel hurt that others have expressed opinions about all sorts of eaterys/bars etc good and bad but maybe unexpectedly i have hit a raw nerve somewhere with my thoughts.
People please please stop gossiping and have a good time. Akbuk itself is such a lovely haven why spoil it with sillyness, enjoy life its too short for childish schoolground behavour. Goodbye and good luck
ow my god do i really want to live in akbuk?yes of cors i do i shall eat everywhere and pass my opinion on everywhere there is nothing wrong with constructive critisim people should take it on board and strive to improve what people are complaining about.im sure akbuk is not full of gossoiping OLD women some of them i believe are quite young lol loaddsa love maggie xx
Old 10th May 2007, 09:18   #8 (permalink)
yes I am a girl lol

chesney has a spectacular aura about chesney has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou
We also strolled along to the new Jokers, what a joke it was too!! No kitchen no atmosphere and plain food and the portions were to be desired.
They need to get a grip, no wonder they need to rent a crowd from Altinkum!!! Sorry my family were less than impressed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lou
I think you for one should take your own advice!
It was you who started the slagging off!
As you said the point of a forum is to express your opinion but you over stepped the mark!
I for one like both Jokers and The Castle and I go to both. Everybody knows my mum and sister work at Jokers but I would never dream of slagging off The Castle, as it has been said it is bitchy and there is plenty of room for 2 resturants in the area.
And as for Akbuk yes it is lovely and everybody who lives there does love it, and as for the gossiping I dont see any just you stirring!!!
*****Exhales*****
Old 24th May 2007, 12:50   #9 (permalink)
Non Active Member

akbukcyd is on a distinguished road
Re: Castle Diner

I happened just to look at my previous postings and was shocked to see that I apparently made a posting on the 13th April regarding the Castle Diner at 9am. I definitely did not make this posting or any other posting relating to any restaurants anywhere. I do not get into the politics of Akbuk and both the Jokers restaurant and the Castle Diner are excellent venues and I will support both of them.

I do not know how this posting came about and am most concerned that someone is making postings under my name.
akbukcyd is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2007, 18:29   #10 (permalink)
laz

laz will become famous soon enough

i think you should be able to have an opinion on any subject but without imposing those opinions on other people. So in my opinion........ if some one has experienced bad service or food y not tell the establishment concerned so that they can be given the chance to address the complaint. But if they dont know there is a problem ow can it be sorted. And as for us being gossipping old women..............well we jus dont have time for gossipping we to busy practicing for the lap dancing club lol. So dont be cross guys we r shiny happy peeps

Tags
castle , friday , live , music