FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates

Go Back   Turkish Living Forums > All About Turkey > Akbuk Forum

Post New Thread  Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th January 2012, 21:31   #1 (permalink)
Scottie Dog

Scottie Dog is on a distinguished road
Summer Breeze Owners - Akbuk

Hi I've just bought a Penthouse in Summer Breeze Akbuk are there any owners here???

Any comments advice you can give me??

I'm new to this and accidently posted this comment on the Altinkum forum where summer breeze is under a different develpoer with lots of problems....oops!!
Scottie Dog is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to Scottie Dog For This Useful Post:
Rabbitman (28th January 2012)
Old 18th January 2012, 22:21   #2 (permalink)

Travelling man is on a distinguished road
Re: Summer Breeze Owners - Akbuk

Hi Scott,

We shall be neighbours - we are on Phase 3 and shall also be out in July.

It would be advisable to do an inspection first in case of any snags, but if you are out for two weeks, then perhaps it can be sorted whilst you are buying furniture etc. If you buy from some of the stores/shops that Oracle recommend, the items would probably be delivered within two days and they install/fit everything for you. Keep in touch with Oracle for updates on schedules and also make sure you let them know of any upgrades you might want before they finish. We have always found them very helpful .

Anna
Travelling man is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Travelling man For This Useful Post:
Rabbitman (28th January 2012)
Old 18th January 2012, 22:29   #3 (permalink)

sunpide has disabled reputation

What a lovely name for a complex. Hope you enjoy your new place.
sunpide is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2012, 16:45   #4 (permalink)

Travelling man is on a distinguished road

Summer Breeze, yes that describes the complex very well, beautiful views of the sea from front balconies plus glorious sunshine, the back balconies have lovely mountain views plus glorious sunshine, but in addition, we have the mountain breeze also.

The whole complex will eventually consist of 5 phases, the builders are now about halfway through phase 4, phase 5 will probably start Sept/Oct this year and will only have 3 villas.

What attracted us to this site was not just the location but the fact that each phase is individual in style. At first glance you would not think it was all part of the same complex. The whole site is very well spaced out and has been atrractively laid out.

We have only met 4 neighbours on Phase 3 so far. One couple from Belgium (Hugo), one from Sweden (Trudie) another from Leeds ( we met the owners daughter only) and one from France and lastly, one couple from Scotland (but we never had a chance to really speak to them). I think we were all too busy out and about furnishing our places!

When we were out there in Sept, the builders had started on phase 4, but of course we have no idea who bought off plan (apart from Scott now).

Perhaps when we go in Feb, we may meet up with some others - will have to tell them about
TLF!!!

Anna

Last edited by Travelling man; 20th January 2012 at 16:48.. Reason: grammer/spelling
Travelling man is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2012, 09:25   #5 (permalink)

Rabbitman is on a distinguished road

Hi,

Glad to see there are others at Summer Breeze. We've bought on Phase 4 and will be coming out at the end of August to snag and furnish.

I hope that my good impressions of Oracle continue (you hear so many scare stories on this forum) and that we all have a development to be proud of.

Would be interested to hear about your furnishing experiences and what kind of costs you ended up paying for furniture etc and whether you were happy with what you got as well!

Regards
Stuart
Rabbitman is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2012, 09:41   #6 (permalink)

Thanked 3,928 Times in 1,531 Posts
scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations to you all

Oracle do build some very nice complexes - although they can be expensive in yearly fees, do you know how much your are to be? Just curious and I will not be offended if no-one answers that question.
Please remember that anyone advising particular shops may well be on commission (some times a large commission). Do have a look around yourselves and haggle away.

Its expected, particularly if you have a whole property to furnish.
Delivery from stock is frequently same day.
pay only a deposit until its safely in your homes and in one piece, before handing over the balance - again thats quite normal.
Have fun in Akbuk, keeping fit is part of the experience........l.o.l.

enjoy your new homes

regards
Rabbitman (29th January 2012)
Old 29th January 2012, 10:04   #7 (permalink)

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the advice - I'll just need to weigh up the pros and cons of the ease of using a recommended outlet against traipsing around looking for what I want and spending most of my break shopping. Although it may be high on the list of priorities for the wife (shopping) I'd rather be relaxing by the pool and quality checking the Efes!

I believe that our maintenance fees are around 500 pa - that's from memory so please don't shoot me if it's not quite right!

I know there are more than enough shops in the area to purchase from and also that Oracle offer a service, including a few nights staying with them - after all until the beds arrive there won't be much in the way of comfort!

Sounds like the old caveat - buyer beware - runs to furniture as well as property!

Look forward to seeing people in Akbuk in the Summer

Stuart
Old 29th January 2012, 10:13   #8 (permalink)

Thanked 3,928 Times in 1,531 Posts
scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Stuart

500 is quite reasonable by Oracle standards some are almost double that.

Plenty large shops in didim - and as I said same day delivery is fairly normal if you choose from stock items.
We also had some custom made which was amazing value and delivered in 24 hours!

Enjoy your new home - and feel free to stop in for a coffee to say hello once you are organised.
Rabbitman (29th January 2012)
Old 29th January 2012, 13:50   #9 (permalink)

Thanked 1,805 Times in 809 Posts
Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future

I live very close to Summer Breeze. I've seen each phase built over the years, destroyed the lovely views at the back of my house, it used to be all olive grove now the trees have gone, but the upshot is a lot less mossies in the summer and more security around.

I know a lot of the owners on SB mostly on phase 1 and a couple on phase 3, a lot of nice people, I'm sure I'll run into you new folks soon, I drink Tuborg by the way

500 pa is the normal site fee for an apartment there although I THINK the 2 beds on P1 pay 450 but I might be out of date with my figures.

Ahmet the site manager does a pretty decent job of looking after the new owners and usually gets any problems sorted, he is always around and speaks excellent English. The security lads are very nice guys if you smile at them, they don't speak English.

Oracles furniture packs are good quality from what I have seen but they are a bit pricey for Turkey. I guess it boils down to whether you can be bothered going out to find your own or sit back and let someone else do it all for you. There is a furniture shop in Akbuk, not far from the complex, on the main road. Might not have everything you want and you might need to ask for discount or be overcharged but perhaps worth a look. Other than that you will get everything you need in Didim or Soke. It's standard here for furniture to be delivered, assembled if necessary and put where you want it, you don't handle the stuff yourselves, just give the guys a tip (20 TL should not be over the top nor a embarrassment for an apartment full).

The on site bar/restaurant is on P1 and only open in the summer, it's a bit pricey compared to the town bar/restaurants but you yabanci tourists are loaded.
Seriously though, watch out for the cocktails, you could soon run up a hefty bill.

Oracle have many faults and are by no means the best thing since sliced bread and I'm sure that over the next few years you will have some frustrations, but they are a stable company at this time and you do get your Tapu's and the properties are legal (as far as I would know).

Enjoy your new holiday homes on phase 3 & 4 and don't forget, ask around for Akbuk Rob with a bottle of Tuborg at the ready.
maggie (29th January 2012), scotssteve (29th January 2012)
Old 29th January 2012, 18:54   #10 (permalink)

Thanks for the offer Steve, will do my best to pop in once we have set up

Stuart

Tags
akbuk , breeze , owners , summer