FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates

Go Back   Turkish Living Forums > All About Turkey > Akbuk Forum

Post New Thread  Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st July 2012, 02:09   #1 (permalink)

Redhand has a spectacular aura about Redhand has a spectacular aura about
Management Company's vindictiveness

Last week my Daughter and her boyfriend arrived in Akbuk to find the electric was disconnected. They went to Ayden ( electric provider ) office next day and were told that there was an outstanding bill of 3150 Tyl, my daughter expressed her shock and was told that this was an estimated bill as the meter had not been recording since october last.My daughter explained that the house had only been used for max 4 weeks in that period. Ayden agreed to reconnect power supply on payment of 160 Tyl and my daughter had 5 days to produce a letter from the complex management company stating dates and number of occupants who used the Villa in 2011 and 2012 , Ayden would use this information to calculate the bill. An alternative was to produce the water service invoices for that period. Failure to comply with this request the electricity would be disconnected and not reconnected untill 3150 Tyl was paid in full.As our complex has not yet received its Habition certificate despite been assure 2 years ago by the Builder that it was a matter of weeks away, we are not connected to the mains water, so the option of the water bill was not an option. Incidently Builder and Management Company are same people. My daughter drew up a list of times and names of the people who occupied the villa during the requested period and emailed this to our management company requesting that they check their security log and that they issue a letter to confirm the details. she rang them later that evening and was immediately transferred to the owner who let loose with a barrage of insults, threats and bad language down the phone, referring to a posting I had made on TFL questioning the non issue of the Habitation Certificate and my accuations of being told lies by his company, he said that he would have no problem issuing a letter but because she was my daughter he would not issue a letter or help her in any way and that she was to tell her father not to send them any more emails requesting information. Meanwhile she is at the mercy of Ayden who I must say are acting very reasonable in the circumstances and praying they dont cut her off this week. So just a word or two of warning, if your electrical meter is faulty in Turkey it is you the owner who is at fault because you own the actual meter and as such are responsible for it properly recording the usage, keep a record of usuage of your property, ensure that you have a reputable management company looking after your property who will assist you when needed, and lastly - stock up on the candles.
rant over
Redhand is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to Redhand For This Useful Post:
Esther Mofet (31st July 2012)
Old 31st July 2012, 06:51   #2 (permalink)
Loving Life in Turkey!

Dalaman Deli is a splendid one to behold Dalaman Deli is a splendid one to behold Dalaman Deli is a splendid one to behold Dalaman Deli is a splendid one to behold Dalaman Deli is a splendid one to behold Dalaman Deli is a splendid one to behold Dalaman Deli is a splendid one to behold Dalaman Deli is a splendid one to behold
Re: Management Company's vindictiveness

This happened to friends of ours a couple of years ago but they have a villa on its own, not on a complex. Aydem were very good about it and just asked for photocopies of the visas in their passports. Once produced they then recalculated the bill.
Old 31st July 2012, 10:10   #3 (permalink)

Thanked 3,853 Times in 1,594 Posts
beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute

Why is the builder and management company the same, Under Turkish law this is not allowed unless the tenants vote for him.
beyazbayan is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to beyazbayan For This Useful Post:
Old 31st July 2012, 10:23   #4 (permalink)

Thanked 3,647 Times in 1,607 Posts
parrot has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyazbayan View Post
Why is the builder and management company the same, Under Turkish law this is not allowed unless the tenants vote for him.
Many owners are bullied and threatened into retaining the builders as their maintainance company as it can be quite lucrative.One I know of has even stated there will never be another company allowed on the site.
parrot is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to parrot For This Useful Post:
Bill & Linda (5th August 2012), carolk (31st July 2012), Esther Mofet (31st July 2012), Mushtaq (31st July 2012), Tess (31st July 2012), tintagel (31st July 2012), tosmur (31st July 2012)
Old 31st July 2012, 10:30   #5 (permalink)

Redhand has a spectacular aura about Redhand has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrot View Post
Many owners are bullied and threatened into retaining the builders as their maintainance company as it can be quite lucrative.One I know of has even stated there will never be another company allowed on the site.
probably the same company as ours parrot - ours have also stated this -
Redhand is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Redhand For This Useful Post:
Old 31st July 2012, 10:32   #6 (permalink)
Spurs

Thanked 30,614 Times in 13,090 Posts
Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute

Obviously these bandit builders who hold people to ransom & continue to let people down are now getting more aware of forums. Desperatley NEEDED is Brits on these complexes to get their cr*p into gear, stop bitching at each other, work together, form a legal committee & get shut of the bandits that run these places. Until that happens you will just be paying money out for complexes to be rundown along with unpaid BUILDERS water & electric bills. For fs take these sites over, the enemy is the builder not one of the British owners. These builders need facing head on TOGETHER

NO STRANGER TO DANGER
Spurs is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Spurs For This Useful Post:
Bill & Linda (31st July 2012), Bubles1 (31st July 2012), carolk (31st July 2012), catweazle (31st July 2012), Ceni (2nd August 2012), Esther Mofet (31st July 2012), G&L (1st August 2012), Hilsjw (2nd August 2012), kale (31st July 2012), Mushtaq (31st July 2012), Sirinyergirl (31st July 2012), Tess (31st July 2012), tintagel (31st July 2012), tosmur (31st July 2012), val2661 (1st August 2012)
Old 31st July 2012, 12:30   #7 (permalink)

Thanked 3,647 Times in 1,607 Posts
parrot has disabled reputation

Unfortunately there are far too many owners who are happy to push their heads up the builders arse and then wonder how they got sh1t on.
parrot is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to parrot For This Useful Post:
Bubles1 (31st July 2012), Ceni (2nd August 2012), Esther Mofet (31st July 2012), martin m (1st August 2012), Redhand (31st July 2012), Spurs (31st July 2012), tosmur (31st July 2012)
Old 31st July 2012, 14:02   #8 (permalink)

Justin will become famous soon enough

Redhand
We are on the same complex and I think the title of the thread should be changed to “an owner’s vindictiveness to the management company” Please correct me if I am wrong but didn’t you put in a fake voting form at the AGM in October? This was showed at the second AGM when the first meeting did not go ahead. A few months ago you came on this forum calling them liars because of the habitation certificate, we have all received e-mails about this and been kept up to date but I was shocked when you called them liars over it. I was told that the owner of asem spoke to the owners committee about the habitation certificate and told them the situation which is a lot more than other builders do around here by reading this forum!! I have been told that you have also called them idiots and are very negative about everything they do. I really don’t know what your problem is or what you are trying to achieve here?
To be honest I am sick of hearing from other owners about the rouble stan has been causing and about his personal attack to the staff and management. All I want to do is enjoy my holiday not go to Turkey and listen to he said she said around the bar and pool.
We have been as asem customer for many years now, we upgraded to Olive Village a few years ago from another asem complex and me and my wife are very happy and we know a lot of other people at Olive Village are as well. We have already been there twice this year and the place is looking great. It was really busy when we were there last and everyone is very pleased with the way things are run. The bar is great, the pool is probably the best in the area as far as I am concerned, Clare has sent out many e-mails to all the owners updating us on things, and she is at the complex at least once a week. At the meeting in October, an owner chaired the meeting and another owner took the minutes, asem where clearly voted in to run the complex and an owners committee was also formed. If I have any problems I e-mail Derek on the committee and speak to him. Why don’t you ask him to write you a letter instead of asking the people who you have slandered for the last year?
I don’t know why your meter is faulty but you really should address that problem to the Aydem instead of starting your personal vendetta again.
For those of you reading this I don’t want any remarks saying I am on the Asem payrole like has been said in the past to other members on here, I have never seen a positive post about asem on here and I know many people are very happy with all the services they provide and the work they do. I am a grown man and this is the situation as I see it.

Always 2 sides to each story.

Last edited by Justin; 31st July 2012 at 14:39..
Justin is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justin For This Useful Post:
G&L (1st August 2012), yeniyildiz (31st July 2012)
Old 31st July 2012, 15:21   #9 (permalink)

belucky7 will become famous soon enough

Hi,
Since the Management Company is employed by the complex owners, it is the management company's duty to abide by the owners requests, therefore they must do as requested and write the letter. If my boss instructed me to do something at work and I refused, I'm afraid that he would tell me to collect my cards and coppers and I'd be looking for another job.
belucky7 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to belucky7 For This Useful Post:
Bubles1 (31st July 2012), G&L (1st August 2012), Redhand (31st July 2012), tintagel (31st July 2012)
Old 31st July 2012, 15:41   #10 (permalink)
Non Active Member

Bubles1 is a jewel in the rough Bubles1 is a jewel in the rough Bubles1 is a jewel in the rough
Question Re: Management Company's vindictiveness

I myself have never seen a positive post on this forum about asem.
Wonder why that is if they do so much good about the place?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Redhand
We are on the same complex and I think the title of the thread should be changed to ďan ownerís vindictiveness to the management companyĒ Please correct me if I am wrong but didnít you put in a fake voting form at the AGM in October? This was showed at the second AGM when the first meeting did not go ahead. A few months ago you came on this forum calling them liars because of the habitation certificate, we have all received e-mails about this and been kept up to date but I was shocked when you called them liars over it. I was told that the owner of asem spoke to the owners committee about the habitation certificate and told them the situation which is a lot more than other builders do around here by reading this forum!! I have been told that you have also called them idiots and are very negative about everything they do. I really donít know what your problem is or what you are trying to achieve here?
To be honest I am sick of hearing from other owners about the rouble stan has been causing and about his personal attack to the staff and management. All I want to do is enjoy my holiday not go to Turkey and listen to he said she said around the bar and pool.
We have been as asem customer for many years now, we upgraded to Olive Village a few years ago from another asem complex and me and my wife are very happy and we know a lot of other people at Olive Village are as well. We have already been there twice this year and the place is looking great. It was really busy when we were there last and everyone is very pleased with the way things are run. The bar is great, the pool is probably the best in the area as far as I am concerned, Clare has sent out many e-mails to all the owners updating us on things, and she is at the complex at least once a week. At the meeting in October, an owner chaired the meeting and another owner took the minutes, asem where clearly voted in to run the complex and an owners committee was also formed. If I have any problems I e-mail Derek on the committee and speak to him. Why donít you ask him to write you a letter instead of asking the people who you have slandered for the last year?
I donít know why your meter is faulty but you really should address that problem to the Aydem instead of starting your personal vendetta again.
For those of you reading this I want many remarks saying I am on the Asem payrole like has been said in the past to other members on here, I have never seen a positive post about asem on here and I know many people are very happy with all the services they provide and the work they do. I am a grown man and this is the situation as I see it.

Always 2 sides to each story.
Bubles1 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bubles1 For This Useful Post:
tintagel (31st July 2012)

Tags
company , management , vindictiveness