FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates

Go Back   Turkish Living Forums > All About Turkey > Akbuk Forum

Post New Thread  Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st November 2012, 20:26   #1 (permalink)

Arabin is on a distinguished road
Costs of transfering Electric & Water

Hi
I am new to this forum and looking for some advice.
My son recently purchased two properties off plan in Akbuk, a 3 bed apartment and a 4 bed villa. The builds went smoothly and he is happy with things so far but he feels he has been overcharged on the cost of the tapu's £3000 TL for apartment and £9000 TL for Villa - does this sound right?
Also he has been quoted £2750 TL (for just the villa) to transfer the Electric & Water from construction to residential in his own name. This seems excessive especially since the price seems to have changed from when it was discussed previously.
Are these prices correct in your experiences and if not where can he go for advice? I heard that there was advice for British buyers at the Beleydesi in Akbuk, is there someone there everyday or is there a number he can call?
Thanks in advance for any advice offered.
Julie
Arabin is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 21st November 2012, 20:34   #2 (permalink)

Thanked 2,869 Times in 1,797 Posts
evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Costs of transfering Electric & Water

i have heard this before on here about being charged for receiving the Tapu . I still do not understand myself the reason for this as no one [including me ] were charged to receive their Tapu on our new build property on our sitesi. Maybe someone else can come up with a reason why some owners are charged for this ?
evo80 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2012, 20:56   #3 (permalink)

Arabin is on a distinguished road

So are you saying he should not have had to pay for his Tapu's at all? he is starting to feel as though he is being ripped off but does not know who to ask or where to go for advice and help with this.
Arabin is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2012, 21:33   #4 (permalink)

Thanked 2,869 Times in 1,797 Posts
evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute

Someone will come along on here and give you better advice on this . I find it strange that when buying a property you are expected to pay for the Tapu . I have seen it covered on here a long time back ,but i cannot remmenber what the answer was. Just hang in there you will get some info on this subject soon .
evo80 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2012, 21:51   #5 (permalink)

Thanked 7,600 Times in 3,155 Posts
juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute

Julie as Evo80 has stated sit tight someone will have more up to date on this. Tread carefully as I suspect your son is being ripped off. I had a new build (a few years back) and I never paid for Tapu, I am not sure if the elec was in builders name but we got it transferred to our name for around 200 TL, I cant remember the exact figure but not expensive.
I hope I am wrong but it sounds like the builder is holding your son to ransom over the Tapu. Even if there is a cost involved I cant see it being anything like the figures you quote.

Don't believe those who by wealth are sheltered from reality.
juco is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2012, 22:00   #6 (permalink)
________

Thanked 9,600 Times in 4,627 Posts
kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute

Julie are you talking about the Tapu or the Iskan. The Tapu is the same to a house as is the registration document for a car. The Tapu is your proof of ownership you do not have to pay for it, it comes with the property when you buy it. the danger is when you buy off plan in other words you buy something that does not exist. Too many people on this forum have been caught in the same trap. As far as the electric is concerned, officially you cannot get a domestic supply until you have the Iskan.

With regard to the Belediye dishing out advice to British buyers, if that was the case, there would not be any room in the place for the council staff. I am sorry to have to say this but your son is another victim in a long line of such victims. If however he has actually managed to get hold of the Tapu’s he has to count himself lucky.
kemerkid is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2012, 22:03   #7 (permalink)
Life is so precious

Thanked 22,133 Times in 10,002 Posts
Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute

When we bought off plan in 2005 the fees were 3% of the cost of the property of which we paid 1.5% and the builder 1.5%, which included the receiving of the Tapu Mulkiyeti
Old 21st November 2012, 22:10   #8 (permalink)
________

Thanked 9,600 Times in 4,627 Posts
kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Seasider View Post
When we bought off plan in 2005 the fees were 3% of the cost of the property of which we paid 1.5% and the builder 1.5%, which included the receiving of the Tapu Mulkiyeti
Lesley, what you are talking about is the purchase tax payable to the Belediye at the time of transfer. If I understand correctly what Julie is saying, the builder is holding her son to ransom for the transfer of these properties which is wrong.
kemerkid is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kemerkid For This Useful Post:
D&A (21st November 2012)
Old 21st November 2012, 22:12   #9 (permalink)
D&A

D&A is a splendid one to behold D&A is a splendid one to behold D&A is a splendid one to behold D&A is a splendid one to behold D&A is a splendid one to behold D&A is a splendid one to behold D&A is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabin View Post
Hi
I am new to this forum and looking for some advice.
My son recently purchased two properties off plan in Akbuk, a 3 bed apartment and a 4 bed villa. The builds went smoothly and he is happy with things so far but he feels he has been overcharged on the cost of the tapu's £3000 TL for apartment and £9000 TL for Villa - does this sound right?
Also he has been quoted £2750 TL (for just the villa) to transfer the Electric & Water from construction to residential in his own name. This seems excessive especially since the price seems to have changed from when it was discussed previously.
Are these prices correct in your experiences and if not where can he go for advice? I heard that there was advice for British buyers at the Beleydesi in Akbuk, is there someone there everyday or is there a number he can call?
Thanks in advance for any advice offered.
Julie
I paid about 2 hundred tl to get the electric in my name only last year......so that's one rip off yr son needs to look into. As for the tapu, mine came with the house didn't pay anymore for it. But yr son is buying off plan so I think they just pluck a number out of the sky, that's if he ever gets it. As many people have said on here before...never ever buy off plan. But I wish him well.

Last edited by D&A; 21st November 2012 at 22:14..
D&A is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2012, 22:27   #10 (permalink)
Life is so precious

Thanked 22,133 Times in 10,002 Posts
Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemerkid View Post
Lesley, what you are talking about is the purchase tax payable to the Belediye at the time of transfer. If I understand correctly what Julie is saying, the builder is holding her son to ransom for the transfer of these properties which is wrong.

I know Pete, and as we know so wrong here, as far as we did and I would thought this guy was, pay your purchase property tax, agreed, which should then come the TAPU. This builder is having a laugh, hope it is not the last laugh though. He should demand his Tapu if he has paid the said fees.
D&A (21st November 2012)

Tags
costs , electric , transfering , water