Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 18th January 2015, 22:36   #1 (permalink)

tannidice is on a distinguished road
Smile Yesilstepe, any info appreciated.

hi,
Steve from Rochdale here,
I retire in 2 years and am looking to retire to Turkey. We intend renting for 12months to try out any location before buying. We have been to various resorts on holiday and are now considering either Fethiye, Yesilstepe or Kudadasi as a suitable base.
We really liked Didim (visited 8yrs ago, looked at a few houses near the marina) but Akbuk/Greenhills seem to offer best value for property. I would like to hear from people who live in the area for an up to date opinion from the horses mouth so to speak.. is it too far out? enough cafes, shops etc.? all info will be sucked up like a sponge.
will try and answer all replies.
Cheers Steve G
tannidice is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 19th January 2015, 05:34   #2 (permalink)
Non Active Member

Thanked 12,550 Times in 4,914 Posts
kibris has a reputation beyond repute kibris has a reputation beyond repute kibris has a reputation beyond repute kibris has a reputation beyond repute kibris has a reputation beyond repute kibris has a reputation beyond repute kibris has a reputation beyond repute kibris has a reputation beyond repute kibris has a reputation beyond repute kibris has a reputation beyond repute kibris has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Yesilstepe, any info appreciated.

ı,ve been lıvıng ın central kusadasi for several years now and ı love the quıeter wınter months as kusadasi does not shut down apart from some tourıst type places and ıs a workıng town.All very well lıvıng a bıt down the coast on a sıtesi but ın wınteer these can be desolate and the bus servıce much reduced.Some types of housıng here are not ıntended for all year round lıvıng and are meant as yazlık --summer houses only so be carefull.Theres lots of ınfo on here about heatıng your home ın turkey ıf you use the search facılıty top rıght of the page
kibris is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2015, 06:34   #3 (permalink)
To Young to be This Old

Thanked 6,034 Times in 2,165 Posts
TNT123 has a reputation beyond repute TNT123 has a reputation beyond repute TNT123 has a reputation beyond repute TNT123 has a reputation beyond repute TNT123 has a reputation beyond repute TNT123 has a reputation beyond repute TNT123 has a reputation beyond repute TNT123 has a reputation beyond repute TNT123 has a reputation beyond repute TNT123 has a reputation beyond repute TNT123 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum Steve.This place is a mind of usefull info,so use us mate.I live in Alanya,a long way from where you want to live,but each to their own.I to am a Rochdale lad,where in Rochdale are you.Good advise from Kibris and your right,defenately rent before you buy.Its not just the rent but other bills as well,maintainance,rates and so on.Look forward to your posts.
Trev.
TNT123 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2015, 07:32   #4 (permalink)

jakebeak is a splendid one to behold jakebeak is a splendid one to behold jakebeak is a splendid one to behold jakebeak is a splendid one to behold jakebeak is a splendid one to behold jakebeak is a splendid one to behold jakebeak is a splendid one to behold

I'd avoid Yesiltepe. It's in the middle of nowhere. It has the highest crime rate of the local area. Our Jandarma go there regularly as there are so many burglaries. It's remote and in the winter lots of rain and mud. In the summer it gets to over 40 degree heat regularly. It's nowhere near the sea. Also it's a British enclave. If you want that great but if you'd rather live with some Turkish people I'd look for somewhere else. There are plenty of properties for rental and sale in Didim or Mavisehir. Just my opinion though. Good luck in your search.
jakebeak is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2015, 08:51   #5 (permalink)

Thanked 1,425 Times in 767 Posts
akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future

Green hills as problems with burglaries but then again so do most places in Turkey
akbukowl is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2015, 09:53   #6 (permalink)
Am I pretty ?

Thanked 32,290 Times in 16,022 Posts
Yalides has disabled reputation

Definitely rent for a while, try a winter, can be worse than UK. And most important of all, do NOT hand over any money until you are absolutely sure you will get what you are paying for. Any doubt walk away. Rip off disaster stories are very common on here.
Old 19th January 2015, 10:31   #7 (permalink)
Spurs

Thanked 30,614 Times in 13,090 Posts
Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tannidice View Post
hi,
Steve from Rochdale here,
I retire in 2 years and am looking to retire to Turkey. We intend renting for 12months to try out any location before buying. We have been to various resorts on holiday and are now considering either Fethiye, Yesilstepe or Kudadasi as a suitable base.
We really liked Didim (visited 8yrs ago, looked at a few houses near the marina) but Akbuk/Greenhills seem to offer best value for property. I would like to hear from people who live in the area for an up to date opinion from the horses mouth so to speak.. is it too far out? enough cafes, shops etc.? all info will be sucked up like a sponge.
will try and answer all replies.
Cheers Steve G
Listen to what you like on here, I done a year in Altinkum whilst my property was being built in Akbuk. I then lived in Akbuk for 5 years, sold up & rented on Yesiltepe. I have nothing at all to gain over saying what I know, I now live in the UK & own nothing in Turkey.
We looked on Yesiltepe years back when there was hardly anything on there & rejected it. Its all change on there now. There is no doubt in my mind if Yesiltepe had been developed like it is now, we would have bought on there.
It is a real nice, friendly place. A mixture of Brits & Turks who all get on.
Burglaries? They used to have a problem but they have neighbourhood watch schemes & everyone keeps their eyes open for "strangers".

Altinkum & Akbuk in my mind nowadays has far more burglaries than Yesiltepe. I would suggest NOT HAVING an off project on there, some Brits have properties for sale on Yesiltepe & that's where I would be aiming. Go on there with no agent & speak to the Brits.

I wish you well, you will not go wrong on Yesiltepe.

NO STRANGER TO DANGER
Spurs is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2015, 10:45   #8 (permalink)
Iwona

Iwona is on a distinguished road

In my opinion Didim is much more comfortable for living.
It is normal town with good infrastructure (shops, hospital, local restaurants , public transport) A lot of Turks and others live there whole year long.
Akbuk is cheaper but less comfortable in my opinion. A lot of houses are located on a hills.

You may consider also Kusadasi. It is bigger than Didim and work whole year.

Iwona
Iwona is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Iwona For This Useful Post:
howardian (19th January 2015)
Old 19th January 2015, 11:03   #9 (permalink)
Spurs

Thanked 30,614 Times in 13,090 Posts
Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwona View Post
In my opinion Didim is much more comfortable for living.
It is normal town with good infrastructure (shops, hospital, local restaurants , public transport) A lot of Turks and others live there whole year long.
Akbuk is cheaper but less comfortable in my opinion. A lot of houses are located on a hills.

You may consider also Kusadasi. It is bigger than Didim and work whole year.

Iwona
I agree, that's if you want town life.
Yesiltepe is flat but because of its location you will need some form of transport. What we found was how central Yesiltepe was, 5 mins to Akbuk, 15 mins to Altinkum & 15 mins to Soke. It worked for us.

NO STRANGER TO DANGER
Spurs is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2015, 12:28   #10 (permalink)

laneysharon is on a distinguished road

I live in Yesiltepe and here are the pros....

750m2 plots of land
New ring round around the site so less mud.
Countryside location and hundreds of olive trees.
Less burglaries around here now unlike a previous comment but not extinct like the rest. of Turkey.
Cheap to buy here for what you get.
Not a British spot anymore as a lot of those have moved on and sold to other foreigners
Sweet horses lovely location in the summer to eat drink.
2/3 miles to the sea

Cons
Need a car really.
Poor speed internet in some places (not fibre optic)
Pub to avoid!
Off plan cons (avoid) buy already built with full paperwork
Lots of street dogs bit like Altinkum really, not wild though and fed by expats but bark all night!

I think you should rent and see like you have said. Mavershire I think also looks pretty and more assessable for Altinkum if you like that place though it has no appeal for me except the marina area. Yesilkent also looks quite nice with a short walk to the sea and 2 restaurants.
Good luck
laneysharon is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to laneysharon For This Useful Post:
Akasya (19th January 2015)

Tags
appreciated , info , yesilstepe