lorraine

Non Active Member
Alanya beaches and resorts
Now call me nosey...:lol:

I love seeing photos of other areas, especially ones that I intend to visit. With a growing number of members from the Alanya area I am sure that you can all tell a tale or two of the best beaches resorts etc...

So come on all you Alanya'ites' tell us what is so fabulous ..:)

Lynda

In my dreams I'm dancing
Alara river near Avsalla is very unspoilt( at the moment) a relaxing pretty place.
Dim Çay - busy and touristy but still worth a visit
Beaches ... well we have over 25 km for people to explore... some very touristy some not.
The "terrace" above Alanya gives you a incredible view over the whole of the coastline.. well worth a trip up with a camera.

lewismark

Just a member
Time is creeping up on us i think the beaches will be open again mid March to start the new season
When i say open i mean all the food huts will be open and the sunbeds out again, time has flown.

There is alot to do on the beaches you have the normal jet sking, parasailing, banana boat, and regular boat trips into the caves which includes a meal on the boat, never been but told, it is best boat trip ever by many.
Buy youself a fishing rod and join the locals in the early evening fishing from the shore, then cook yourself tea as they do.

Cleopatra beach is definatly the best beach and the main beach in Alanya, as you travel east out of Alanya past the castle up on the mountain, you come to Oba, then Mahumutlar, where the beach is known as East beach,which goes for about 25km, some nice sandy areas here but as this side is still under development the beaches do tend to be more rocky, but in time will soon become the New Alanya with beaches of equal tranquility.However the beach doesnt deepen as quickly as Cleopatra beach so is more child friendly.

Last edited:

murat and Conny

Murat and Conn
İ dont agree with you Lewismark,the nices beach here is the İncekumbeach,its has a long sandy beach and the sea is great there..you can walk inside until your chest.

Lynda

In my dreams I'm dancing
Lovely beach first went on it 11 yrs ago when there was no hotel and just a little cafe accross the road. The owner came to us on the beach adn offered us the use of his shower as there where none on the beach then. Had a lovely meal ( & shower) there.. I often park on there when I travel between Alanya & Antalya but they have started to charge to park and I not prepared to pay 4ytl for a half hour so will have to find another spot to have my picnic..:(

i have to agree with Murat and Connie..incekum(fine sand ) is one of the best beaches on this stretch of coast..its a favourite with turkish families on a weekend..theres also a large camping area..caravans and tents for rent..some families come once the schools close in June and spend the whole summer there.
theres a wide choice of beaches in the alanya area...but as has been said some parts tend to shelve steeply...but not incekum..you can wade out a long way and the waters clean.

loopylynda

LoopyLynda
Where abouts is Alara river near Avsalla? I would like to visit it as I fly out tomorrow. Is it anywhere near the main Mosque?

Lynda

In my dreams I'm dancing
Lynda don't know if you will get this but for the Alara river head to Alarahan... lovely drive. Call me and I will tell you of the restaurant we go to there to get away from the "madding crowd......."

A89

The beaches on Kleopatra side are lovely but quite steep and a little dangerous for children playing at the waters edge,anyone wanting a child friendly beach on the other side of Alanya, (not Kleopatra side) should try Maren beach, its by far the best beach on the east beach side. It has good toilet facilities and a good restaurant where you can eat or if you prefer they will bring food to the sunlounger for you. The beach attendant is excellent and really looks after you and your belongings are always seem very safe while you are swimming.
Its also a very good place to eat in the evening with lovely views of the castle and coastline.
For anyone who likes karaoke they have a very popular karaoke contest on Thursday night.

GRAEME64

we have to agree with A89, Maren beach is really lovely, clean and well cared for. food in the restaurant is very good and we have had some great craic with the friendly waiters and fatih who runs the karaoke. free pickup service can be arranged, they come to mahmutlar to collect us.

hjallbo

-->: Alanya beaches and resorts

I can advise 3 different place to go as a beach. First one is İncekum near Avsallar best sand beach in Alanya. Other one is just outside the city Ulaş that you can make picnic.And the last one is Perle Camping which is in Kargıcak and you can make camp at there.

Jedward4

Re: -->: Alanya beaches and resorts

I can advise 3 different place to go as a beach. First one is İncekum near Avsallar best sand beach in Alanya. Other one is just outside the city Ulaş that you can make picnic.And the last one is Perle Camping which is in Kargıcak and you can make camp at there.

Hi hjalibo
Where exactly is Incekum?Is it in the town.Any landmarks?

hi Jedward incekum is about 25 kilometres away near avsallar its not easy to get to without your own trasport...the beach is backed by a pine forest and the sea is shallow a long way out.it is one of the best beaches in the area..although fuğla beach in avsallar is also very good with more facilities..
theres a camp site in the forest which is popular with Turkish families who spend the long summer holidays there
it all depends what kind of beach lifer you are looking for as there are so many nice places in and around alanya..
another place thats different is an old greek harbour in a cove on the road between alanya and gazipaşa..aytap or iotape you can get there by boat
this site is a good source of info for alanya and around

Beaches (Alanya)

Last edited:

val2661

Re: -->: Alanya beaches and resorts

Incekum is about 23 kms from Alanya on the D400 road, going out towards Antalya. You can easily catch a Dolmus there from the central dolmus station in Alanya.

Val

Jedward4

Thanks Shirleyanntr and Val for the info.Sorry for late reply,not been looking much.Been busy.

sleepless

Spent a really pleasant evening on the terrace at Palmiye Beach hotel. Its right on the beach, there was a music duo on Monday (people were actually dancing) and you only need buy a drink (the food looked good) and watch it get dark and hear the waves spashing. There were comfortable lounge seats too. No noisy pop music or sports screens.
Its at the end of hotels on Ataturk, just where the promenade starts, behind Nordic Garden. I was on holiday and went there a few times.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom