FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates

Go Back   Turkish Living Forums > All About Turkey > Alanya Forum

Post New Thread  Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th November 2014, 18:57   #131 (permalink)
"Light Years Away"

Thanked 2,907 Times in 1,476 Posts
newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: SOLD up in Turkey and Moved On..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExG View Post
Where did you get the information regarding Easyjet to Plovdiv as I can't find it anywhere.

All I can find is Ryanair
Easyjet flys from LONDON Stansted to Plovdiv.

Cheap Flights to Plovdiv from London Stansted
Derek Payne (12th November 2014)
Old 11th November 2014, 19:25   #132 (permalink)
ExG

ExG will become famous soon enough ExG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhorizon View Post
Easyjet flys from LONDON Stansted to Plovdiv.

Cheap Flights to Plovdiv from London Stansted

Am I missing something here. Has Ryanair taken over Easyjet

That link points to RyanAir NOT EasyJet
Old 11th November 2014, 19:34   #133 (permalink)
Just passing through

Thanked 4,296 Times in 2,508 Posts
oldfogy has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akasya View Post
Watched an interesting programme last night ," Stacey Dooley in Sunny Beach " , looked like a lot of fun for the 18 - 25 age group.

Lovely looking beaches , sea , cheap booze and food etc.

Steve.
The only problem with that program shown 'again' last night is it's now a few years old, although I doubt if things would have changed very much.

The main problem I find with Bulgaria is either not being able to read the road-signs or worse still not being able to pronounce half of the words.
oldfogy is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oldfogy For This Useful Post:
howardian (16th November 2014), Jaycey (11th November 2014)
Old 11th November 2014, 20:26   #134 (permalink)
"Light Years Away"

Thanked 2,907 Times in 1,476 Posts
newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExG View Post
Am I missing something here. Has Ryanair taken over Easyjet

That link points to RyanAir NOT EasyJet
Apologies there meant to type Ryanair, what I was saying was there are flights to Plovdiv from London.
Old 11th November 2014, 21:27   #135 (permalink)

j in bo will become famous soon enough

Hi Derek,
We do believe that the Bulgarians were welcoming and friendly, I guess, just being here in Turkey we have got use to everyone being super pleasant. We must have just missed your village as we mainly looked along the Elhovo to Burgas road and villages off of this.
On our last day under our own steam to came to Yambol and worked our way just to the west of the highway to Elhovo, Roza and a couple of other villages looked nice with a few refurbished houses scattered around the roads, expats and holiday homes we were told.
We felt safe during our visit, happily walking around in the evening and night. The language and alphabet was something else, but we enjoy getting by in Turkey, it reminds us we are living life.
Thanks for your help and enjoying the thread
Cheers
JnJ
j in bo is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to j in bo For This Useful Post:
Derek Payne (12th November 2014)
Old 15th November 2014, 17:49   #136 (permalink)
shash

Thanked 1,159 Times in 530 Posts
shash has much to be proud of shash has much to be proud of shash has much to be proud of shash has much to be proud of shash has much to be proud of shash has much to be proud of shash has much to be proud of shash has much to be proud of shash has much to be proud of

I saw this programme too and as usual with these programmes about the youngsters I am always mortified to see the state these youngsters get into. They have no respect for themselves or anybody else all due to the amount of alcohol and other stuff consumed. I do think these holiday places have allowed this and encouraged the use of alcohol and god knows what else. Purely because its a money making process. They watch these men and women (kids) cavorting all over the place and spewing up and all sorts of stuff just to make a fast buck. Its a great shame Bulgaria is allowing this to happen, I certainly wouldn't go near those areas. which in time will be expanded as they all jump on the money making bandwagon. I'm really pleased that I've never seen this in Alanya and surrounding areas in the 10 years that I've had a place there. I'm there for a few months every year and if I ever start seeing what goes on in Bulgaria and of course some other holiday destinations of the world I would sell up. Mind you I'm sure these moronic hedonistic alcohol abusing girls and boys would thankfully be arrested very quickly in Turkey. Saying all that I must add that I can remember being a young person and having fun and having to be respectful but my god these people are actually revolting.
I remember reading in the Cleo magazine last year that some Norwegian guy was deported immediately for peeing up the Ataturk statue in Alanya . I say good on the Turks. Why would Turkey (Alanya) ever want to become like these other places.

Also I know things have gone up in turkey but not that much. You can still live well. And I'd rather be in Alanya anyday as its a great place to be and its way cheaper than London. The local Belydieysi have done a lot on the Alanya coast from before Payallar through Alanya Centrum and beyond In the 10 years I've been there. I love it and wont be leaving anytime soon. I give a big thumbs up to all these areas where the people are mostly brilliantly welcoming. Including the British already living there. You all make it the lovely place it is.
shash is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2014, 18:16   #137 (permalink)

Thanked 7,265 Times in 3,465 Posts
SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute

Shash you should see Yalikavak on a Friday night ...absolutely outrageous some folk have no shame!
shash (25th November 2014)
Old 15th November 2014, 18:48   #138 (permalink)
“Je suis l'humanité.”

Thanked 15,284 Times in 6,059 Posts
bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLEEPY View Post
Shash you should see Yalikavak on a Friday night ...absolutely outrageous some folk have no shame!
Especially when TLF'ers are in town so I have heard , sorry Lesley
bal canavar is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2015, 14:48   #139 (permalink)

Thanked 6,857 Times in 2,596 Posts
Derek Payne has a reputation beyond repute Derek Payne has a reputation beyond repute Derek Payne has a reputation beyond repute Derek Payne has a reputation beyond repute Derek Payne has a reputation beyond repute Derek Payne has a reputation beyond repute Derek Payne has a reputation beyond repute Derek Payne has a reputation beyond repute Derek Payne has a reputation beyond repute Derek Payne has a reputation beyond repute Derek Payne has a reputation beyond repute

I see Bob & Sonia Clarke have moved into a Village here in Bulgaria now, that isn't too far from us. They were in Kusadasi for 10 years. They told us they reckon there seems to be an exodus of Expats moving from Turkey to Bulgaria due to Religious and Financial reasons plus Government interference. Not good..
Derek Payne is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Derek Payne For This Useful Post:
colcol (16th March 2015)

Tags
moved , sold , turkey