Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 4th November 2017, 19:00   #21 (permalink)
shash

shash is a glorious beacon of light shash is a glorious beacon of light shash is a glorious beacon of light shash is a glorious beacon of light shash is a glorious beacon of light shash is a glorious beacon of light
Re: How many people on TLF

Thanks for that. Yes I have FB so will look into it. The line dancing sounds like fun and good for the exercise too. Plus the Turkish cookery classes sounds great. I think I'd like to do that in the summer months to if they do that summer time. These activities are sounding good to me. MayBe you can pm with the womens group number or website. Thanks again.
shash is online now send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shash For This Useful Post:
A89 (5th November 2017)
Old 4th November 2017, 19:55   #22 (permalink)

enoch is a splendid one to behold enoch is a splendid one to behold enoch is a splendid one to behold enoch is a splendid one to behold enoch is a splendid one to behold enoch is a splendid one to behold enoch is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by McB View Post
So even though your speaking a bit you still encounter this situation eh? Thats curious. Maybe the others do too? maybe they all come from differnt places around turkey adn are a bit shy to open up? I dont know...

Maybe you have to assume a character style that is more easily understood- like pick a Turkish soap opera character type (one that isnt too sexually riskY) and then try that approach... Im just guessing but maybe projecting something firmly unattractive will appear less threatening---frumpy hat and frumpy traditional anatolian highlands garments... I dont know... you cant change your dressing up too often or they will definitely suspect your a bit loopy...ok enough of my unqualified advice..

I wish Duo Lingo had Turkish... its a great online game type learner for languages!
Are you for real??
enoch is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to enoch For This Useful Post:
A89 (5th November 2017), Kingfisher (18th November 2017), shash (4th November 2017)
Old 4th November 2017, 20:19   #23 (permalink)
Getting warmed up

Sextronic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shash View Post
How many people on TLF still live in Turkey or spend time in Turkey . What are your lives like in Turkey. ?
I ask this quite seriously because I'm not reading much about Turkey in many posts.
Still living there, close to the southernmost tip of Turkey, aside from Hatay of course. So basically, we both are approaching dreary winter, dull weather, bleak USD-TRY ratings, lamentable outcomes, sad feelings
shash (4th November 2017)
Old 4th November 2017, 22:18   #24 (permalink)
shash

shash is a glorious beacon of light shash is a glorious beacon of light shash is a glorious beacon of light shash is a glorious beacon of light shash is a glorious beacon of light shash is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by A89 View Post
There is a womens group Shash. I dont go myself but will get you a contact number or something. There are also sometimes things like a dance class in winter and Turkish cooking classes . Years ago we had a line dancing class that was hilarious. Do you have facebook Shash? the ex pat pages on there are one of the best ways to get info on things like this. Or joining the womens group.
When I first moved here I did sometimes get a bit bored in winter but not really any more, dont seem to have that much free time.
I'm not sure about being brave although a lot of people have said that. I just believe you should do what you want to do with your life. Lifes far too short and precious to live any other way. Life is what you make it and theres no such word as "cant" in my book. If you want it enough you can!

McB I do speak Turkish and love it. Even when Turks speak to me in English I still carry on in Turkish lol. I'm always asking random people in the PTT. bank or market the correct way to say something and continue learning every day. Thats definitely a good way to fill free time in winter - learn the language! So much can be learnt online and from books and just speaking to people then maybe just a lıttle help with understanding grammar and it all falls into place.

alison
I have been on the FB and have now discovered so much more to do and see. In fact I would recommend it to anyone that may be thinking of the same questions I've been asking. In just a quick view of the last month on one of the FB sites I feel Alanya has opened up for me. I will take a look at some of the other sites too. Thanks again.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shash For This Useful Post:
A89 (5th November 2017), angelaturkey (5th November 2017)
Old 5th November 2017, 06:51   #25 (permalink)

Thanked 8,339 Times in 2,986 Posts
Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute

Our friends who have lived in Turkey for 12+ years have to make their own entertainment during the Winter months. He loves fishing (never catches anything though !) They go to quizzes, play pool and there are lovely organised walks in the countryside. Lots of resident Brit's put on a panto' at Christmas time. The Turkish children love it too !! Steve is right though - when they changed the rules to the 90 days in 180 it stopped many people staying longer in Turkey. A loss for them in a way, as we now spend our money elsewhere e.g. Spain/France.
Hilsjw is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hilsjw For This Useful Post:
Akasya (5th November 2017), IbrahimAbi (5th November 2017), shash (5th November 2017), spanabridge (5th November 2017)
Old 5th November 2017, 07:15   #26 (permalink)

Thanked 20,538 Times in 10,390 Posts
saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute

It's still a great place although like everywhere it has changed. Seeing it now as a visitor is definitely different to being there long term as a property owner but I will still touch base from time to time and who knows for certain what the future holds

Henrik er min hjelte.
saoirse is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saoirse For This Useful Post:
angelaturkey (7th November 2017), shash (5th November 2017)
Old 5th November 2017, 07:58   #27 (permalink)
Grey wisdom

Thanked 6,730 Times in 3,128 Posts
IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by McB View Post
S

I wish Duo Lingo had Turkish... its a great online game type learner for languages!
Duo Lingo does have Turkish, the wife and I spent many hours at it last year, in the winter months. Eventually I gave up as too many correct answers were marked wrong and I got frustrated.
angelaturkey (7th November 2017), shash (6th November 2017)
Old 7th November 2017, 16:56   #28 (permalink)
shash

Quote:
Originally Posted by enoch View Post
Like you IbrahimAbi some of us just get on with living.Today we took all our dates off the tree about 150 kilo, ripen them ourselves , there are to many fruit bats about. Tidy the garden just normal every day things .
How do you ripen the dates are they sun dried. How do you store them. Any idea how to store lemons without the use of a freezer? I've seen how the olives are stored which is quite fascinating. Not sure if something similar can be done with lemons. Which are really lovely in Turkey.
Old 7th November 2017, 17:21   #29 (permalink)

enoch is a splendid one to behold enoch is a splendid one to behold enoch is a splendid one to behold enoch is a splendid one to behold enoch is a splendid one to behold enoch is a splendid one to behold enoch is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by shash View Post
How do you ripen the dates are they sun dried. How do you store them. Any idea how to store lemons without the use of a freezer? I've seen how the olives are stored which is quite fascinating. Not sure if something similar can be done with lemons. Which are really lovely in Turkey.
We ripen ours on the balcon ,some on there stalks and some on trays ., in the full heat of the day but covered over the sun hardens the skin. We find our dates keep about 2 mouths if dried out ok . To ripen quickly put in a paper bag freeze over night and thaw in the morning it makes the ripening quicker . You can freeze them with no loss of taste . They say they can keep up to five years .Most dates you buy at christmas have been frozen.
enoch is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to enoch For This Useful Post:
A89 (7th November 2017), angelaturkey (7th November 2017), IbrahimAbi (8th November 2017), shash (7th November 2017)
Old 7th November 2017, 20:29   #30 (permalink)
Postless Pointer

Thanked 27,897 Times in 12,475 Posts
Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute

Lemons can be salted and stored in kilner type jars.

Steve
Akasya is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Akasya For This Useful Post:
angelaturkey (8th November 2017), shash (7th November 2017)

Tags
people , tlf