Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 28th January 2018, 23:06   #1 (permalink)

akableet1 is on a distinguished road
visiting very soon

Hi,
I will be coming to Alanya with my family in April and we are interested in buying a property and would like some advise if possible.

1. Is Alanya a good place to buy/invest/rent, I heard that Antalya coast is quite attractive, not sure whether Alanya is one of the best.

2. Which part of Alanya is best, compared to Mahmutlar, Oba and the rest,

3. How is the market, I heard that couple of years ago properties were going cheap, are they still that cheap ?

4. Is the instability in the middleast affecting tourism in Alanya and any future investment.

5. Are there any reputable estate agent to deal with.

6. Any good solicitor to recommend.

7. is it easy to rent apartment during high season, at least to cover the cost of the apartment maintenance /management.

8. How easy is to sell in case of unforeseen circumstances.

We are a family with kids,looking at an investment and holiday home at the same time, around 50.000 euros.

Much appreciated in advance for your replies.
akableet1 is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 29th January 2018, 00:04   #2 (permalink)

Thanked 3,193 Times in 1,052 Posts
Sha Hoorsur has a reputation beyond repute Sha Hoorsur has a reputation beyond repute Sha Hoorsur has a reputation beyond repute Sha Hoorsur has a reputation beyond repute Sha Hoorsur has a reputation beyond repute Sha Hoorsur has a reputation beyond repute Sha Hoorsur has a reputation beyond repute Sha Hoorsur has a reputation beyond repute Sha Hoorsur has a reputation beyond repute Sha Hoorsur has a reputation beyond repute Sha Hoorsur has a reputation beyond repute
Re: visiting very soon

Best advice about buying in Turkey, considering the present political and financial situation.
I wouldn't if I were you!
Sha Hoorsur is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sha Hoorsur For This Useful Post:
IbrahimAbi (29th January 2018)
Old 29th January 2018, 07:41   #3 (permalink)

LauraB is a splendid one to behold LauraB is a splendid one to behold LauraB is a splendid one to behold LauraB is a splendid one to behold LauraB is a splendid one to behold LauraB is a splendid one to behold LauraB is a splendid one to behold

Agree with SH. Also 'investment' is not a word I would use about purchasing any property abroad in any country.
LauraB is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LauraB For This Useful Post:
IbrahimAbi (29th January 2018)
Old 29th January 2018, 07:51   #4 (permalink)
African refugee

Thanked 20,171 Times in 10,377 Posts
Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by akableet1 View Post

I will be coming to Alanya with my family in April and we are interested in buying a property and would like some advise if possible.

2. Which part of Alanya is best, compared to Mahmutlar, Oba and the rest

We have been very happy in Oba and would suggest you check that area first.

5. Are there any reputable estate agent to deal with.

I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending BARAK HOMES

7. is it easy to rent apartment during high season, at least to cover the cost of the apartment maintenance /management.

We have only rented long term and have shown a profit.

8. How easy is to sell in case of unforeseen circumstances.

Still a buyer’s market but imo you may have to stretch your 50k a bit.
Old 29th January 2018, 07:51   #5 (permalink)
Grey wisdom

Thanked 6,287 Times in 2,921 Posts
IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute

the new Rental regulations have more or less finished the idea of short term rentals, there is a huge fine if you are caught and the tenants will be turfed out on the street. Personally I agree with the above, the best time for foreigners to buy in Turkey has now passed.
LauraB (29th January 2018)
Old 29th January 2018, 10:06   #6 (permalink)
Days On The Beach in Side

Thanked 1,319 Times in 706 Posts
angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of

Why Alanya? It is a 2-hour drive from Antalya Airport and is very spread out so you would need a car there. Antalya is a busy city and the beaches there are shingle... in fact the last time I went to their Konyaalti beach, my feet were bleeding from the sharp shingle. Side is just a 50-minute drive from Antalya Airport and you can get the airport transfer for £25 each way for 2 people or £15 each way for 1 person. On the 50-minute drive you get free WiFi and free soft drinks. We always give 20 TL each way to the driver = £4 as they get paid so very little and are always very grateful of course. You can email your full names and flight details for this airport transfer to ... [email protected] ...

Here are some photos of Side ... https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ph...w=1280&bih=685

And if you fancy taking a day trip or two... look here ... https://www.sidedailytours.com/en/ ... you would pay 10% on the initial on-line booking and the remaining 90% on the day of the tour. Their guides all speak English but will speak German first as there are more German tourists in Side than English ones.

Side has the 2nd longest sandy beach in all of Turkey and the very longest promenade on the whole of the Mediterranean. There is a pretty little harbour with loads of shops, bars and restaurants, cobbled streets, Roman ruins - including the Apollo Temple where Anthony and Cleopatra fell in love, a wonderful Saturday market where you not only get fruit and veg but also lots of fake designer clothes, perfumes, shoes, handbags, jewellery, etc etc... but do haggle haggle haggle for the best prices ...

Property in Side is cheap too. I own 2 x apartments there ... one we live in and the other I have let family and friends stay in it for free but now wish to sell. It has 2-bedrooms and 2-balconies, is on the first floor of a block of 6 and overlooks the very large communal swimming pool with the Taurus mountains in the background. All the furniture is included, as is the air conditioning/heating in every room and shutters on all the windows, even cutlery, bedding, fridge freezer, washing machine, pots and pans etc etc. See here ... - https://www.primelocation.com/overse...43HXoS3FIjD.97

I will be in Side from 13th March until 26th May if anyone wants to view the property then?

The £40,000 price of the property must be all in cash ... not because I say so but the Deeds specify that ... on top of that you would pay 3% commission to the estate agent in Side who takes care of putting the Deeds, electricity and water into your name and finding a good translator for you ... that is a requirement by Turkish law but the translator only comes when you get the Deeds in your name and costs £85 for the 15 minutes he is there with you.

I have bought 3 properties over the 13 years I have been in Side and have never used a solicitor... I don't know anyone who has! Just not necessary as the Emlak (estate agent) does it all on your behalf for the 3% she gets.

My water bills every month are between £1.50 and £2.00 and my Council Tax for the year is £25. Monthly maintenance on the property, to cover the cost of the gardener and swimming pool upkeep is £25 a month. Electricity is about the same price as the UK and of course that depends upon how much you use. We try not to put the air conditioning on much and instead open all the windows and have a nice cross breeze. In the winter, we wear a couple of jumpers on top of one another instead of putting on the heating. Of course it is totally up to you how you would use the electricity in any property.

There are 86 apartments on the complex at Green Apart - but they are in blocks of 6, so it does not seem that big - and the swimming pool is massive.

There is not a security guard as such but there is a key pad entry system and I have never had any problems there.

It is just a 10-minute walk to the beach and only 5-minutes to the shops bars and restaurants from the property.

I don't agree with those posts above here ... with the UK Pound at 5.34 TL to £1 at the PTT Post Office in Side now... I think now would be a great time to buy a property in Turkey. The PTT is the best place to change UK cash but make sure there are no rips or markings on the notes or they won't take them. They don't accept fivers. PTT is down by the harbour in Old Town Side and is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm but closes for lunch from 12.30pm to 1.30pm.

There are loads of different types of hotels - from cute little b and bs to magnificent ultra inclusive 5 star hotels - see my previous post from about a week ago with costs of most of them on offer now = B and B from £7.73 and All Inclusives from £12.47 each... ... from £12 for Antonios Hotel b and b which is a lovely 11 room typically olde worlde Turkish hotel in the heart of Old Town Side to large 5-star all inclusive hotels for a variety of prices but up to £100 a night...

If I can be of any further help, don't hesitate to ask... x Angela in Side x
angelaturkey is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2018, 10:26   #7 (permalink)
African refugee

Thanked 20,171 Times in 10,377 Posts
Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelaturkey View Post
Why Alanya? It is a 2-hour drive from Antalya Airport and is very spread out so you would need a car there. Antalya is a busy city and the beaches there are shingle... in fact the last time I went to their Konyaalti beach, my feet were bleeding from the sharp shingle. Side is just a 50-minute drive from Antalya Airport and you can get the airport transfer for £25 each way for 2 people or £15 each way for 1 person. On the 50-minute drive you get free WiFi and free soft drinks. We always give 20 TL each way to the driver = £4 as they get paid so very little and are always very grateful of course. You can email your full names and flight details for this airport transfer to ... [email protected] ...
Not wishing to rain on your parade Angela but..

The bus from Oba into Alanya central takes only 10 minutes

The beaches in Oba & Alanya are OK but I think I’d give Konyaalti a miss.

Maybe not the longest beaches but how much beach does a person actually need?

Agreed transfers can be a hassle but you only have to do it once (or twice) and you still need a transfer to get to Side.

Not knocking Side in any way Angela, we’ve been there a couple of times and found it very pleasant.

Meanwhile good luck with your sale!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jaycey For This Useful Post:
angelaturkey (29th January 2018), Cloud Cover (29th January 2018), enoch (29th January 2018), Sceptre (29th January 2018)
Old 29th January 2018, 10:57   #8 (permalink)
Grey wisdom

Thanked 6,287 Times in 2,921 Posts
IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute

The translator is onto a good thing Angela, when our friend sold her car recently she paid 100TL for the translator in the notary.
angelaturkey (29th January 2018), enoch (29th January 2018), Sceptre (29th January 2018)
Old 29th January 2018, 11:06   #9 (permalink)

enoch is a name known to all enoch is a name known to all enoch is a name known to all enoch is a name known to all enoch is a name known to all enoch is a name known to all

As far as investment goes it's a no no ,One thing i would say is do not buy an apartment that was built before 2002 because they are not earth quake proof. At the end of the day think very carefully what your needs are, and don't be influenced by any one. Best of luck

Last edited by enoch; 29th January 2018 at 11:33..
enoch is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enoch For This Useful Post:
angelaturkey (29th January 2018), Sceptre (29th January 2018)
Old 29th January 2018, 12:25   #10 (permalink)

akableet1 is on a distinguished road

Thanks folks, I got the overall message here, I have been following the news and things are not getting any better in the whole region that's why I am a bit concerned.

Does anybody know more about the new rental regulation.
akableet1 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to akableet1 For This Useful Post:
angelaturkey (29th January 2018)

Tags
visiting