FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates

Go Back   Turkish Living Forums > All About Turkey > Alanya Forum

Post New Thread  Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th March 2018, 13:33   #1 (permalink)
A89

Thanked 2,050 Times in 911 Posts
A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute
Internet service providers in Turkey

I've been having a lot of problems with my internet for the last couple of months either none at all or very very slow (less than 1mbps). TTNET keep sayıng theres nothıng wrong and must be my equipment. Fırst it was somethıng downstairs where the internet comes into the building. Changed that. Then it was the splıtter, changed that, then it was the cables so replaced all the cabling from where the internet comes into my building downstairs, up to the roof then down to my apartment. Then it was my router - that was last week - I bought a new one and ıt worked brilliant - just as every other solution has for around a week. Then the same problem just starts again. Here we are again now waiting for them to sort it out. No doubt later they will say theres nothıng wrong and ıts my equipment, again but theres nothing left to change!

If I change service providers (though I am contracted until January next year) is it correct or not that as all lines are owned by TTNET and they are all workıng together now around Alanya would the problem be the same ??? I need to use it to watch TV and also for skype calls etc. If not can anyone recommend one?

I'm really at the end of my tether with it. I work online and have had so many problems with it that the company I work for are starting to think I must be lying.

Last Monday I was at the office in Oba and made a deal with the manager there that if this didnt fix the problem theyd give me the money back for the router but even if I get it back it still doesnt fix the problem.

Any ideas guys??

alison
A89 is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 7th March 2018, 15:42   #2 (permalink)

Thanked 5,035 Times in 2,153 Posts
Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Internet service providers

Can anyone else in the building piggyback off your connection by any chance?
Kanga is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2018, 15:47   #3 (permalink)
A89

A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanga View Post
Can anyone else in the building piggyback off your connection by any chance?
Do you mean by logging into my connection with the password? If so its extremely unlikely they'd manage that.

alison
A89 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2018, 15:57   #4 (permalink)

enoch is a splendid one to behold enoch is a splendid one to behold enoch is a splendid one to behold enoch is a splendid one to behold enoch is a splendid one to behold enoch is a splendid one to behold enoch is a splendid one to behold

There is a lot of people in Alanya with the same problem . I think they are trying to get every one on fiber .
enoch is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2018, 16:00   #5 (permalink)

paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of

I live in Side and have TT internet, it is very slow at the moment and when I try to watch TV through the laptop it keeps buffing. Keep forgetting to ring them up. The internet and wylan lights keep flashing on the router.

Sue

A Dog Is For Life Not Just For Christmas
paddington bear is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to paddington bear For This Useful Post:
A89 (7th March 2018)
Old 7th March 2018, 19:22   #6 (permalink)

Rose Cole is a glorious beacon of light Rose Cole is a glorious beacon of light Rose Cole is a glorious beacon of light Rose Cole is a glorious beacon of light Rose Cole is a glorious beacon of light Rose Cole is a glorious beacon of light

What was your download speed before you started having problems?

Is there a near neighbour who is experiencing similar problems?

You can ask the the phone company to test the download speed at your nearest main junction box/cabinet. It's a process of elimination if the company are convinced they are pumping out a good download speed but you are not getting one.

P.S. Also check your account is up to date!
Rose Cole is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2018, 19:56   #7 (permalink)
A89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose Cole View Post
What was your download speed before you started having problems?

Is there a near neighbour who is experiencing similar problems?

You can ask the the phone company to test the download speed at your nearest main junction box/cabinet. It's a process of elimination if the company are convinced they are pumping out a good download speed but you are not getting one.

P.S. Also check your account is up to date!

I don't have any neighbours here that are using ttnet.
Yesterday my speed was around 12, this is since I bought the new router last week. 2 weeks before that they said it was my cables through the block from ground up to my apartment. I replaced all that. A week before that it was something in the switch box, that too replaced. Each time something is replaced it seems fine for around a week or so then just reverts back to the same snails pace.
You can't really have a proper conversation with them about it. They just repeat 'we are just the call centre. I can see you have connection but it is slow our engineers will try to fix the problem Mrs alison. İf u are not happy about that you can go Telekom office'
But there its the same, not much interest at all, lots of shoulder shrugging and offers of šay. ........same sh*t different day.
Up to now it's cost me around 900tl in cables, router and lost earnings.
I really want to change companies but I'm under contract with them until next January and they want almost 700tl to end that. Though how that would stand up in court if I refused to pay them I can't imagine. Surely their part of the contract is to provide reasonable usable Internet but when i mentioned that to them they say that's not true and the contract is only saying what I will pay and I have no choice.

By check my account is up to date I assume you mean I've paid the bill????

Alison
A89 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2018, 20:28   #8 (permalink)

Rose Cole is a glorious beacon of light Rose Cole is a glorious beacon of light Rose Cole is a glorious beacon of light Rose Cole is a glorious beacon of light Rose Cole is a glorious beacon of light Rose Cole is a glorious beacon of light

"I can see you have connection but it is slow our engineers will try to fix the problem Mrs alison. İf u are not happy about that you can go Telekom office' "

So it looks like they are admitting it is their problem if they can see the download speed is poor at their end but they are unwilling or unable to do anything about it.

Not paying the remainder of the contract is fraught with danger as technically, you will be in breach of contract and you could face court action. You could of course win the case if you can convince the judge the blame lies with the company. This route would be the last resort, I think. Your contract will state what the download speed should be.

All I can suggest at this stage is to get your electrician to contact TTNET on your behalf and find out what is going on.

Re your account- yes, check it has been paid and you have not exceeded any download quota limitation.
Rose Cole is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2018, 14:41   #9 (permalink)

Sceptre is a jewel in the rough Sceptre is a jewel in the rough Sceptre is a jewel in the rough Sceptre is a jewel in the rough

Hi Alison.Going off what you have said, I would say someone has tapped into your internet.Someone tapped into ours before we sold up.İts quite easy to do I was told by my friend.İf you type in your router web page ie: http://192.168.0.1.8.login.html (this is just an example ), log in and you will be able to see what devices are using your internet.If you see one that is suspect click Delete.Its a process of elimination really.If there is one device that's not yours click Permanently Delete and then that device will no longer be able to log onto any internet as a report is sent to your internet supplier as being fraudulent.Like I said this happened to us and it was the new family that moved in under us,3 days later the Police paid them a visit, they had also connected into my dish on the roof.You couldn't make it up really.
Sceptre is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2018, 14:44   #10 (permalink)

Thanked 5,035 Times in 2,153 Posts
Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceptre View Post
Hi Alison.Going off what you have said, I would say someone has tapped into your internet.Someone tapped into ours before we sold up.İts quite easy to do I was told by my friend.İf you type in your router web page ie: http://192.168.0.1.8.login.html (this is just an example ), log in and you will be able to see what devices are using your internet.If you see one that is suspect click Delete.Its a process of elimination really.If there is one device that's not yours click Permanently Delete and then that device will no longer be able to log onto any internet as a report is sent to your internet supplier as being fraudulent.Like I said this happened to us and it was the new family that moved in under us,3 days later the Police paid them a visit, they had also connected into my dish on the roof.You couldn't make it up really.
Which is what I meant! Thanks for the guidance, I wouldn't know how to deal with that.
Kanga is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kanga For This Useful Post:
Sceptre (8th March 2018)

Tags
internet , providers , service , turkey