Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 6th July 2018, 15:44   #1 (permalink)
A89

Thanked 2,050 Times in 911 Posts
A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute
Quick airport shuttle

A few weeks ago I was lookıng for another transfer to try after havıng so many bad experiences with 724 lately. I found one that does a 'Speedy shuttle' which guarantees 4 stops maximum. I used this on the way to Antalya airport and had 2 stops after me. It cost £11 one way. I booked only one way because I wanted to test it out before booking again. Unfortunately I forgot to book my return transfer untıl the day before and found that you must book 48 hours + ın advance so had to book 724 again. Once again it was a nightmare journey with them.

I came out from airport building at 23.00. I was waiting almost 2 and half hours before the bus left the airport. We were only on the road 20 minutes and driver stopped for çay mola.
He spoke no English German or Russian and was rude to passengers when they tried to talk with him.
He would not open the air or klima in the bus and 3 passengers were asking him.
He didnt know alanya at all and had no sat navigation.couldn't find any hotel, or başkent hastane or adliye. I was translating what passengers were sayıng to him but he was rude and disrespectful to us all.
One child vomited in the bus and no one covered or cleaned it. It was left all over the floor. And we had to step in it to get off the bus. He was very angry rude and aggressive to the child's father and was banging the doors hard and driving very badly very fast and aggressively.
He had another fight with one Passengers boyfriend.
He is not good doing this job. For 2 hours I was working as their translator and navigation system because if I didn't we could still be driving around alanya now!
From coming out of the airport at 11 it was 6 hours to get to my home in Alanya centre..
This is not shuttle transfer this is nightmare transfer! Service every time is more terrible. I have made a complaint to 724 which they have totally ignored.
So . ı wont be travelling with them again.
The new company if anyone would like to try it is www.airporttransfers.co.uk
The only thing I dıdnt lıke about this is that theres no phone number until you've booked. All enquiries need to be made by email and sometimes waiting quite a few hours for a reply, or sometimes the next day. On booking a pick up to go to the airport their system only shows a few hotels to choose from, choose the nearest to your place of stay and then email them with booking number telling them exactly where you are and they will suggest somewhere closer to you.
A89 is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 6th July 2018, 16:13   #2 (permalink)
Just passing through

Thanked 4,138 Times in 2,391 Posts
oldfogy has disabled reputation
Re: Quick airport shuttle

Sounded a bit of a nightmare, although I also had one experience here From Izmir airport to Didim where the driver did not even know the main Ataturk Blvd and as we had come in from a different direction I never noticed we actually went flying past my road and then by the time he had managed with customers help to drop everyone off I then ended up being the last drop off.

But yes my main complaint is when they say something like a 15 minute wait for more passengers which turns out to be another hour, and puts you off going for a coffee saying they are nearly ready just because THEY then don't want you holding them up if you are either not back or don't see them from the coffee shop which is more or less on the side of the car park and they have to walk 50/100 yds to come and get you. Plus not wanting to stop for a break when maybe half-way there because they want to get home as its their last transfer for the day. its all about them and not the customer, but for my next visit after a bout 5 years of using the same company I am going to try Blue Mermaid which friends also use, but strangely though their prices are the opposite to other companies who charge Izmir To Didim = £10.00 and Bodrum AP to Didim = £7.50 Blue Mermaids prices are the other-way around making the longest journey the cheapest and the shortest journey the dearest.

Although also it wouldn't be the first-time of also leaving the airport and then being transferred into a car, Maybe he didn't want to travel all the way back for another pick-up so got someone to do him a favour, obviously something I didn't mind and providing I get to where I want to go I am not bothered.

But I do like a nice cup of çay after a 4 hour flight and halfway through a 90 minute transfer.
oldfogy is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2018, 16:47   #3 (permalink)
A89

A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfogy View Post

But I do like a nice cup of çay after a 4 hour flight and halfway through a 90 minute transfer.
I know what you mean but at 3am I just want to get home.

This guy didnt know where Çevre or ataturk bulavard was either

alison
A89 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2018, 17:04   #4 (permalink)
shash

shash is a name known to all shash is a name known to all shash is a name known to all shash is a name known to all shash is a name known to all shash is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by A89 View Post
A few weeks ago I was lookıng for another transfer to try after havıng so many bad experiences with 724 lately. I found one that does a 'Speedy shuttle' which guarantees 4 stops maximum. I used this on the way to Antalya airport and had 2 stops after me. It cost £11 one way. I booked only one way because I wanted to test it out before booking again. Unfortunately I forgot to book my return transfer untıl the day before and found that you must book 48 hours + ın advance so had to book 724 again. Once again it was a nightmare journey with them.

I came out from airport building at 23.00. I was waiting almost 2 and half hours before the bus left the airport. We were only on the road 20 minutes and driver stopped for çay mola.
He spoke no English German or Russian and was rude to passengers when they tried to talk with him.
He would not open the air or klima in the bus and 3 passengers were asking him.
He didnt know alanya at all and had no sat navigation.couldn't find any hotel, or başkent hastane or adliye. I was translating what passengers were sayıng to him but he was rude and disrespectful to us all.
One child vomited in the bus and no one covered or cleaned it. It was left all over the floor. And we had to step in it to get off the bus. He was very angry rude and aggressive to the child's father and was banging the doors hard and driving very badly very fast and aggressively.
He had another fight with one Passengers boyfriend.
He is not good doing this job. For 2 hours I was working as their translator and navigation system because if I didn't we could still be driving around alanya now!
From coming out of the airport at 11 it was 6 hours to get to my home in Alanya centre..
This is not shuttle transfer this is nightmare transfer! Service every time is more terrible. I have made a complaint to 724 which they have totally ignored.
So . ı wont be travelling with them again.
The new company if anyone would like to try it is www.airporttransfers.co.uk
The only thing I dıdnt lıke about this is that theres no phone number until you've booked. All enquiries need to be made by email and sometimes waiting quite a few hours for a reply, or sometimes the next day. On booking a pick up to go to the airport their system only shows a few hotels to choose from, choose the nearest to your place of stay and then email them with booking number telling them exactly where you are and they will suggest somewhere closer to you.
Really awful to hear about this problem with 724 transfer. In my early days of using 724 transfer I also encountered similar problems but I stuck with them and for the last five years or so they have been brilliant. Mostly on time with new vehicles and super drivers. In fact only last week they actually turned up 15 minutes earlier much to my shock. I personally can't fault them at the present time.
shash is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shash For This Useful Post:
enoch (6th July 2018)
Old 6th July 2018, 17:10   #5 (permalink)
Just passing through

I hate it when pick-up drivers arrive early because you then rush to get going and then throughout the journey wonder what yo forgot.

But then the next time you anticipate them being early an NO they are not so you just spent a thoughtful time of waiting and waiting.
Old 6th July 2018, 17:18   #6 (permalink)
A89

Quote:
Originally Posted by shash View Post
Really awful to hear about this problem with 724 transfer. In my early days of using 724 transfer I also encountered similar problems but I stuck with them and for the last five years or so they have been brilliant. Mostly on time with new vehicles and super drivers. In fact only last week they actually turned up 15 minutes earlier much to my shock. I personally can't fault them at the present time.
I totally agree about years ago and then the vast improvement in the last 4 or 5 years but the one ıve told you about is the 7th bad one ın a row. The others all took well over 4 hours after leaving and spent ages up mountains and touring Side. Too many passengers so too much luggage so ther extra cases were standing inside the bus and falling every time the driver brakes. The last few times my kids have come have also been painfully long journeys, taking longer than the flight from UK! One time there was a passenger with no seat at all!
Its just getting beyond a joke and ıve spoken to lots of others wıth the same experiences.

alison
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A89 For This Useful Post:
enoch (6th July 2018), shash (7th July 2018)
Old 6th July 2018, 22:12   #7 (permalink)

enoch is a splendid one to behold enoch is a splendid one to behold enoch is a splendid one to behold enoch is a splendid one to behold enoch is a splendid one to behold enoch is a splendid one to behold enoch is a splendid one to behold

Last time we used them was May Antalya -Alanya .We took about 1.45 . I understand about the speed ,i pulled a2b driver up about it,and told him to slow down. Have still not had
any reply . We are the first drop off in Alanya ,it doe's help if you can speak to them, on that score you are right they speak very little english . I will see what sunday brings when my daughter lands .

Last edited by enoch; 6th July 2018 at 22:26..
enoch is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enoch For This Useful Post:
A89 (7th July 2018), shash (7th July 2018)
Old 7th July 2018, 11:06   #8 (permalink)

scattea will become famous soon enough scattea will become famous soon enough

For the last few years I've been booking through travel republic, my thinking being its a large international company who sublet out to smaller local companies. I think I'm more inclined to get a good service if I'm likely to complain to a master chief. I've had my transfers with Hana and Koral and can't fault any of them over the last few years
scattea is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2018, 11:33   #9 (permalink)
A89

Quote:
Originally Posted by scattea View Post
For the last few years I've been booking through travel republic, my thinking being its a large international company who sublet out to smaller local companies. I think I'm more inclined to get a good service if I'm likely to complain to a master chief. I've had my transfers with Hana and Koral and can't fault any of them over the last few years
Whats Hana and Koral?

alison
Old 7th July 2018, 14:02   #10 (permalink)
Just passing through

I often wonder if the old 'familiarity breeds contempt' doesn't crop up sometimes with them thinking and ASSUMING as a long standing customer we/they will not mind waiting for another plane to arrive for another pick-up, well enough is enough and time for a change from what for many years 'was' a good service into a mediocre service.
The Following User Says Thank You to oldfogy For This Useful Post:
A89 (8th July 2018)

Tags
airport , quick , shuttle