Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 27th September 2020, 23:00   #1 (permalink)

Love Alanya is on a distinguished road
Smile Current situation

Hi. We are thinking of returning to Alanya in November, Oba in particular. I wonder if anyone could tell me what the current situation is there with regards to Coronavirus. Is it life going on as normal (albeit with face masks) or are there stricter sanctions? Are there more cases than we are hearing about? Are the restaurants etc still operating or have some closed for good? In particular we tend to visit Oba Bistro, Stay, Emerald Garden and Dinner. Thank you in advance.
Love Alanya is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 28th September 2020, 10:09   #2 (permalink)
Days On The Beach in Side

Thanked 1,517 Times in 799 Posts
angelaturkey has a brilliant future angelaturkey has a brilliant future angelaturkey has a brilliant future angelaturkey has a brilliant future angelaturkey has a brilliant future angelaturkey has a brilliant future angelaturkey has a brilliant future angelaturkey has a brilliant future angelaturkey has a brilliant future angelaturkey has a brilliant future angelaturkey has a brilliant future
Re: Current situation

Face masks and home by 10pm -otherwise life carries on as normal. x Angela in Side x
angelaturkey is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to angelaturkey For This Useful Post:
Love Alanya (13th October 2020)
Old 28th September 2020, 11:23   #3 (permalink)

Thanked 3,472 Times in 2,050 Posts
enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love Alanya View Post
Hi. We are thinking of returning to Alanya in November, Oba in particular. I wonder if anyone could tell me what the current situation is there with regards to Coronavirus. Is it life going on as normal (albeit with face masks) or are there stricter sanctions? Are there more cases than we are hearing about? Are the restaurants etc still operating or have some closed for good? In particular we tend to visit Oba Bistro, Stay, Emerald Garden and Dinner. Thank you in advance.
Personal I would stay at home. The corona is all over alanya. We live by the hospital and the sirens are going all day. The last time we drove through oba many places had not opened, but that was a month ago. At the end of the day it is your choice, I don't mean to alarm you just my opinion.
enoch is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to enoch For This Useful Post:
A89 (29th September 2020), janm (29th September 2020), Love Alanya (13th October 2020), shash (28th September 2020), Struggs (28th September 2020)
Old 28th September 2020, 16:24   #4 (permalink)
Grey wisdom

Thanked 13,332 Times in 6,357 Posts
IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute

The big thing is that the situation can change very quickly. We are expecting stricter measures after the end of the tourist season, and that may be at the time of year that you are considering visiting.
Old 28th September 2020, 21:24   #5 (permalink)
shash

Thanked 1,490 Times in 691 Posts
shash has a brilliant future shash has a brilliant future shash has a brilliant future shash has a brilliant future shash has a brilliant future shash has a brilliant future shash has a brilliant future shash has a brilliant future shash has a brilliant future shash has a brilliant future shash has a brilliant future

Personally I didn't get on my flight recently to go to Alanya. I'm very aware that this Covid 19 is upsetting a lot of locals due to the fact that tourists are bringing the virus in and not all are sticking to the government advice of wearing masks and social distancing. Then on the other side I see that people are encouraged to go there because they need to make a living.
Buses heaving with people daily and no masks in busy areas like markets and busy night life just helps spread the virus around. Many residents and many locals have tried so hard to cope with lock down and curfews only to have tourists/villa owners etc mess it up. It's a hard call between virus and economy.
One of the countries with the 4th highest covid rate are holidaying there in the thousands. I personally didn't want to add to their grief. Yes I lost my money for my flights as I decided the night before not to go but hey that's a small price to pay . I'm hoping like most of us that next year maybe a kinder year.
shash is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to shash For This Useful Post:
A89 (29th September 2020), abba (28th September 2020), butt007 (4th October 2020), enoch (28th September 2020), Freedom 49 (29th September 2020), IbrahimAbi (29th September 2020), janm (29th September 2020), Jaycey (28th September 2020), Love Alanya (13th October 2020), Struggs (28th September 2020), ted j (28th September 2020), yalimart (28th September 2020)
Old 28th September 2020, 23:31   #6 (permalink)

Thanked 3,472 Times in 2,050 Posts
enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shash View Post
Personally I didn't get on my flight recently to go to Alanya. I'm very aware that this Covid 19 is upsetting a lot of locals due to the fact that tourists are bringing the virus in and not all are sticking to the government advice of wearing masks and social distancing. Then on the other side I see that people are encouraged to go there because they need to make a living.
Buses heaving with people daily and no masks in busy areas like markets and busy night life just helps spread the virus around. Many residents and many locals have tried so hard to cope with lock down and curfews only to have tourists/villa owners etc mess it up. It's a hard call between virus and economy.
One of the countries with the 4th highest covid rate are holidaying there in the thousands. I personally didn't want to add to their grief. Yes I lost my money for my flights as I decided the night before not to go but hey that's a small price to pay . I'm hoping like most of us that next year maybe a kinder year.
You made the right call stopping at home shash

Last edited by enoch; 29th September 2020 at 00:16..
enoch is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enoch For This Useful Post:
Love Alanya (13th October 2020), shash (29th September 2020)
Old 29th September 2020, 15:02   #7 (permalink)

Thanked 8,116 Times in 3,523 Posts
Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute

We flew to DLM on Saturday from Bristol with easyjet.
At BRS there was a temp check to walk through, then we had to check in hold luggage ourselves on screens with the boarding cards, and load the bags on to the belts before going to passport control/security. The airport must have spent a huge amount on all the IT to do it. At Security there were bigger trays and sanitiser everywhere, in the dutyfree shopping hardly any staff, just one checkout area all screened off and requests for contactless payment where possible. The flight was full bar 2 - 3 seats but staff were good, kept people in seats with only 2 in the aisle to queue for the loo, and masks worn all the way. The plane was new and the captain said that all surfaces were treated with sanitiser, so please do not wipe any surfaces. The cabin air was changed every 4 minutes. There was some dutyfree on the plane but no cards or info in seat pockets for anything except the safety info. In DLM there was a box for contact forms, and the passport control was well managed. Masks still worn and we had to remove them at the desk to verify ID with a camera fitted into the screens. The only dodgy area was baggage reclaim where inevitably people crowded a bit to get bags, but it was all well done.
We were late leaving because they had to unload some bags for people who were either barred or changed their minds at the last minute, no reason given, otherwise a good, if noisy flight.

Worrying is a waste of imagination.
Kanga is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kanga For This Useful Post:
IbrahimAbi (29th September 2020), Love Alanya (13th October 2020), Rob & Juls (29th September 2020), Struggs (29th September 2020)
Old 30th September 2020, 17:46   #8 (permalink)

Webarella is on a distinguished road

I am also planning to visit Alanya in November as I've been there last time asoon 2 years ago and I am quite sure the apartment is a mess already. In our news everyone is talking about HES-code. If I understood it correctly it's an app which follows in you cellphone and gives you information if you have been near a person who has Covid-19. It was also told that it needs a Turkish phone. And if a person does not have ikamet then he/she should use a phone of a friend to get that code. Sounds a bit stupid to me if the purpose is to give information for the person herself. Additionately if you don't have this HES-code you are not allowed to go into a bank or Beleniyesi offices. Can anyone explain this to me? What do you know about it? I will come there with my 15-year daughter and I assume there should be a code for her too? When I look at for ex. THY web pages, it says that only nationals and those who have ikamet. I am confused...
Webarella is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Webarella For This Useful Post:
Old 30th September 2020, 18:09   #9 (permalink)
shash

Thanked 1,490 Times in 691 Posts
shash has a brilliant future shash has a brilliant future shash has a brilliant future shash has a brilliant future shash has a brilliant future shash has a brilliant future shash has a brilliant future shash has a brilliant future shash has a brilliant future shash has a brilliant future shash has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webarella View Post
I am also planning to visit Alanya in November as I've been there last time asoon 2 years ago and I am quite sure the apartment is a mess already. In our news everyone is talking about HES-code. If I understood it correctly it's an app which follows in you cellphone and gives you information if you have been near a person who has Covid-19. It was also told that it needs a Turkish phone. And if a person does not have ikamet then he/she should use a phone of a friend to get that code. Sounds a bit stupid to me if the purpose is to give information for the person herself. Additionately if you don't have this HES-code you are not allowed to go into a bank or Beleniyesi offices. Can anyone explain this to me? What do you know about it? I will come there with my 15-year daughter and I assume there should be a code for her too? When I look at for ex. THY web pages, it says that only nationals and those who have ikamet. I am confused...
If you will be there as a tourist you wont need a code.
shash is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shash For This Useful Post:
Old 30th September 2020, 18:48   #10 (permalink)

Simon Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 10,752 Times in 5,145 Posts
ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute

An HES code is becoming more and more a requirement in government buildings (as well as some banks.PTT Water and Electric offices_
I just did mine , having a 99 residency number , I texted 2023 with HES residency number,date of birth ad number of days required (I did 200)
Got a reply back with the number right away

ted j is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ted j For This Useful Post:
enoch (30th September 2020), IbrahimAbi (1st October 2020), Love Alanya (13th October 2020)

Tags
current , situation