Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 29th November 2009, 18:59   #1 (permalink)

Thanked 1,980 Times in 921 Posts
culturevulture has a reputation beyond repute culturevulture has a reputation beyond repute culturevulture has a reputation beyond repute culturevulture has a reputation beyond repute culturevulture has a reputation beyond repute culturevulture has a reputation beyond repute culturevulture has a reputation beyond repute culturevulture has a reputation beyond repute culturevulture has a reputation beyond repute culturevulture has a reputation beyond repute culturevulture has a reputation beyond repute
successful purchase

hi everyone,
back from Altinkum and a successful purchase. bought in the Life Style Residence in Didim. the agents we used were ADH in Altinkum. i must say they were brilliant. Edna and Mahir could not have done enough for us. i would definitely recommend them to anyone who is considering buying in the area. i really could praise them enough. they helped us at every stage of the buying process and were at pains to convey to us that everything was above board and being done the right way.at no stage did we feel we were under any pressure. their help and consideration towards us was invalueable, form our first meeting, right down to the furnishings, curtains etc.9::9
culturevulture is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 29th November 2009, 19:08   #2 (permalink)

Thanked 8,126 Times in 3,393 Posts
juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute
Re: successful purchase

I do not know of this agent, however to recommend them so soon may not be fair to others.

Have you got your Tapu and checked for debts, is the elec & water in your name, have you got a contract for maintainence?

When you are clear of all of the above is when to recommend in my opinion.
Too many have recommended from day 1 only to have it come back and bite them.

I do hope all goes ok and wish you all the best with your purchase.
juco is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2009, 19:16   #3 (permalink)

Thanked 3,420 Times in 1,734 Posts
bebs has a reputation beyond repute bebs has a reputation beyond repute bebs has a reputation beyond repute bebs has a reputation beyond repute bebs has a reputation beyond repute bebs has a reputation beyond repute bebs has a reputation beyond repute bebs has a reputation beyond repute bebs has a reputation beyond repute bebs has a reputation beyond repute bebs has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck hope all goes well-Bebs
bebs is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2009, 19:18   #4 (permalink)

Thanked 1,767 Times in 885 Posts
Martyn has a reputation beyond repute Martyn has a reputation beyond repute Martyn has a reputation beyond repute Martyn has a reputation beyond repute Martyn has a reputation beyond repute Martyn has a reputation beyond repute Martyn has a reputation beyond repute Martyn has a reputation beyond repute Martyn has a reputation beyond repute Martyn has a reputation beyond repute Martyn has a reputation beyond repute

It sounds good and hope all works out ok for you. Can you elaborate more on what made it good? Did you just pay a deposit? Did you employ a solicitor and have a contract? Too many people have come unstuck on here so we're hoping you have taken in all the advice and learnt from others' mistakes. Good luck.

Martyn is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2009, 20:02   #5 (permalink)

Thanked 1,980 Times in 921 Posts
culturevulture has a reputation beyond repute culturevulture has a reputation beyond repute culturevulture has a reputation beyond repute culturevulture has a reputation beyond repute culturevulture has a reputation beyond repute culturevulture has a reputation beyond repute culturevulture has a reputation beyond repute culturevulture has a reputation beyond repute culturevulture has a reputation beyond repute culturevulture has a reputation beyond repute culturevulture has a reputation beyond repute

ok, i take on board that it may be a bit too soon for some people.
i had a solicitor, two contracts, one in english, one in turkish, copy of the builders tapu,a sworn translater at all stages, an ipotec and a sworn notary.
the contract states the property will be delivered free of all debt. it also contains a penalty clause for both parties. electricty and water will be changed to our names when we get the tapu. until then the builder is liable for all charges. contract also includes maintenence obligations etc.
i think i have covered everything. if anyone has any more advice or if they are trying to tell me something, please do. it willbe accepted gratefully and graciously.
thanks all.
culturevulture is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to culturevulture For This Useful Post:
chaz (29th November 2009), Martyn (29th November 2009)
Old 29th November 2009, 20:14   #6 (permalink)
les&Tasha

Culture Vulture

I hope you have only paid a small % of the full purchase price now (say 10%) and you will pay the rest only when the tapu (Multiyeki) is delivered to you. Also don't pay the emlaks until you have the tapu and the utilities in your name.
send PM Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2009, 20:19   #7 (permalink)

Brokenbrains has disabled reputation

You could not have made a better move than when you appointed ADH as you have been fortunate enough to find out for yourself.

For those making comments about too soon etc, there is more than adequate evidence and written testimony within these forums and in particular my postings regarding their business operation and personal qualities.

Given my previous occupation and life experiences, there is no one more suspicious that I of individuals/businesses etc and believe me it takes a great deal for me to begin to trust someone as much as I do Edna and Mahir.

The amount of internet research I undertook before I decided to buy told me straight away who were the ones I would be most likely to trust. This was
proved to be correct and has been strengthened during my time with them and on many subsequent occasions.

To anyone else reading my postings, I will just stress that they are the best, you can not go wrong.

Steve
Brokenbrains is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2009, 20:29   #8 (permalink)

Thanked 1,767 Times in 885 Posts
Martyn has a reputation beyond repute Martyn has a reputation beyond repute Martyn has a reputation beyond repute Martyn has a reputation beyond repute Martyn has a reputation beyond repute Martyn has a reputation beyond repute Martyn has a reputation beyond repute Martyn has a reputation beyond repute Martyn has a reputation beyond repute Martyn has a reputation beyond repute Martyn has a reputation beyond repute

BB. People are very pleased that it has worked out well for you it's just a lot of people have been down a similar route and come unstuck. We're looking for what you have done different so others can learn. It's important to share the information for others benefits. As far as people think on here until you get the Tapu in your hands then it isn't a successful purchase at all. Thanks for the information so far.

Martyn is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Martyn For This Useful Post:
Tess (29th November 2009)
Old 29th November 2009, 20:31   #9 (permalink)

Thanked 8,126 Times in 3,393 Posts
juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I am aware the ipotec gives more security.

I dont think its a case of `somebody` knows something` just a case of be careful.

Who is paying for the transfer of water/elec to yor name.?

When does he expect the tapu to come through?

Many agents/builders have given good service but have in the last year fallen because of the economic downturn and this is where even some of the `good` ones have turned to less than good as they had loans against the properties and then can`t pay them so the properties have been reclaimed.

You are probably ok but keep chasing the Tapu as the property is not yours until you get that. That is why many will advise holding as large an amount as possible back until that is in your name.
juco is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juco For This Useful Post:
chaz (29th November 2009), Martyn (29th November 2009), Tess (29th November 2009)
Old 29th November 2009, 20:35   #10 (permalink)
The Carnwath Massive

Thanked 23,870 Times in 10,557 Posts
yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute

good luck, i am pleased for you.

you seem to have done your homework there is not much more you can do other than as others say hold back the majority of the money until the deeds are delivered in your name

martin

3 Trophies in 10 days
yalimart is offline send PM Reply With Quote

Tags
purchase , successful